By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

StokedUp said:
lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:
its the darkmoon covenant restricted the the 10% soul level rule when Invading and being summoned?

For invasions via the Blue Eye Stone, it's restricted to the 10% SL. Being summoned via the ring, no restrictions, just like the Forest Hunter ring. Though the game always seems to pair you up against much higher SL players.

ive noticed i keep getting summoned to a player in Anor Londo who wears the Smough armor and it seems hes seriously good at the game, ive never beaten him and ive also been summoned when theres been another Darkmoon Covenant member whos also there. and he taken us both out with ease. he must be soul level 250 or something, because im 201 now with my first and only character but it seems i no match for him.

Well, you can wear full Smough and be at your level or below I used to go full Smough for PVP at 140. 

But yeah, those situations aren't unusual. When I was PVP'ing in the garden, I got invaded by a Forest Covenant member who was at 335 (I asked him afterwards), because he dropped a huge amount of souls (over 130K). He was a full fledged magic wielder with a shitload amount of HP (99 Vitality), but even then I managed to kill him (he depleted his entire stock of magics).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Where's the supposed patch >.>

blkfish92 said:

From only said that they were hoping to release it until the end of the month, not giving a specific day. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:

From only said that they were hoping to release it until the end of the month, not giving a specific day. 

Few days I'm assuming then.

blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:

Few days I'm assuming then.

Hopefully

Current PC Build

Around the Network

So, I need some help on what I should do in this first play through. I don't necessarily *need* to get all miracles and sorceries with this character, but that would be nice. I would like to get all of the rare weapons with this character only playing through twice.

I'm part of the Chaos Servants (or whatever) Convenant so that I can get the last pyromancy I need. I just need to give her 20 more humanity (need to find a place to farm them).

Since I've already joined one convenant and placed the lord vessel (didn't know that talking to Nessie would trigger the scene), did that make me miss anything?

What NPCs/bosses do I absolutely need to kill this playthrough ( i.e. if their souls are required twice for 2 weapons)?

EncodedNybble said:
So, I need some help on what I should do in this first play through. I don't necessarily *need* to get all miracles and sorceries with this character, but that would be nice. I would like to get all of the rare weapons with this character only playing through twice.

I'm part of the Chaos Servants (or whatever) Convenant so that I can get the last pyromancy I need. I just need to give her 20 more humanity (need to find a place to farm them).

Since I've already joined one convenant and placed the lord vessel (didn't know that talking to Nessie would trigger the scene), did that make me miss anything?

What NPCs/bosses do I absolutely need to kill this playthrough ( i.e. if their souls are required twice for 2 weapons)?

Can't happen, you need to play 3 times, since sif's souls gives you 3 different unique items. You should kill Gwyndolin (Tomb of the darkmoon) before you beat the game and also Priscela (Painted world) To farm humanity try tomb of the giants right before the boss, Nito, you can walk in the water and there's and endless spawn of tiny plague skeletons which drop humanity every now and again.

Kill all npcs literally right before beating game to get some humanity.

EncodedNybble said:

I would add, on top of what blkfish92 said, that you missed the Darkwraith covenant. To get it in the next playthrough, you'll need to retrieve the Lordvessel again, but instead of talking to Frampt on Firelink Shrine, go to New Londo Ruins, beat the Four Kings and then a different primordial serpent, Darkstalker Khaate will appear and he'll give you the option of joining the Darkwraith covenant. 

You also can't get all the miracles in this playthrough, since at least one requires the soul from the final boss and access to the Warriors of Sunlight covenant, which is only obtained via 50 Faith or if you have helped, as a white phantom, to defeat the boss of another player's world, that requirement drops 5 Faith for each time you helped. 

Current PC Build

Alright, thanks for the help guys....so, to summarize, I need to beat the game 3 times (damn you Sif's soul) at least, making sure to get Sif's, the butterfly and Gywndolin's soul each time.

I also need to either get to 50 faith (gulp) or help out 6 people kill bosses (also hard...I seem to make stupid mistakes or partners that never heal me. I say 6 because I plan on getting to 20 faith so I can use homeward). Beyond that everything should be doable and straight forward?

EncodedNybble said:

Alright, thanks for the help guys....so, to summarize, I need to beat the game 3 times (damn you Sif's soul) at least, making sure to get Sif's, the butterfly and Gywndolin's soul each time.

I also need to either get to 50 faith (gulp) or help out 6 people kill bosses (also hard...I seem to make stupid mistakes or partners that never heal me. I say 6 because I plan on getting to 20 faith so I can use homeward). Beyond that everything should be doable and straight forward?

Easier than Demon's Souls I'll tell you that lol.