By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
Man, the lightning shotel is downright broken in early game, some weeny got me with it..

Shotels are downright broken, be it Lightning or no lightning  

A skilled player that double wields Shotels + 15 it's a frigging scary sight, since you can't block shotels with shields. It becomes a fight of who deals more damage and who does it faster. Also, Shotels go through defenses, meaning you can either be naked or full Smough/Havel/Giant +5, the damage you'll receive it's the same.

@Luvtospooge - Yeah, everything except Embers, Keys and the Rite of Kindling carry on to NG+. Also the Moonlight Sword is only good for Int builds.

Well I'm sure in higher lvl pvp things will change.

It's still scary, since you can't go all gun-ho on them, especially if you use my playstyle (heavy hitting weapons but very slow) since they'll always be faster than you (and almost every other character, as Shotels are some of the faster weapons in the game). It becomes a battle of strategy and skill. 

The only upside I have against them is the extremely high Poise that the full Havel set has. There are very few things that can stun-lock me in the game, just the most heavy weapons with the strong R2 2H attack. So I can be hit with a full combo of Shotels and do my heavy R2 2H hit and stomp them to the ground XD.

Sounds rather badass! I think on my pvp fath build I'm going to wear paladin armor, I mean it sounds appropriate lol.

Around the Network

In a bit of a predicament, which weapon should I make my faith weapon, as of now I have a divine claymore which is rather good, but I'm sure there are more options, so any pointers?

Where does the blacksmith that forgers magic weapons resides? I found 3 blacksmiths so far, 1 at undead parish, 1 at anor londo and 1 at new londo ruins. It seems Im missing one. Also, is it possible to attach an attribute to Black Knight Sword +5?

luvtospooge said:
Where does the blacksmith that forgers magic weapons resides? I found 3 blacksmiths so far, 1 at undead parish, 1 at anor londo and 1 at new londo ruins. It seems Im missing one. Also, is it possible to attach an attribute to Black Knight Sword +5?

The catacombs, you have to fall into a hole not to far off from the first bonfire, but you're probably better off looking up a vid lol.

blkfish92 said:
luvtospooge said:

The catacombs, you have to fall into a hole not to far off from the first bonfire, but you're probably better off looking up a vid lol.

Advice taken. Thank you

Around the Network
blkfish92 said:
In a bit of a predicament, which weapon should I make my faith weapon, as of now I have a divine claymore which is rather good, but I'm sure there are more options, so any pointers?

Claymore's are to heavy/STR reliant to be a good Faith build weapon. A Scythe would be a much better choice, if you're looking for a hard-hitting, long range and rather fast weapon. Divine Scythe +10 is bad-ass. Also try looking into a Murakumo, though that will require 28 of Str to wield in one hand.

@Luvtospooge - The magic blacksmith is the one in New Londo. The blacksmith you're missing is near the second bonfire (the hidden behind a illusory wall). From that bonfire, head to the bridge in that path, down to the bottom part of the stairway after the door on that bridge and you'll see that the stairway is broken, though you can see some ledges at the bottom. Roll down to that and keep rolling down to any visible ledge. You'll appear at the top of a broken tunnel, fall down to it and you'll see a cutscene with a weird looking skeleton. That's the blacksmith. 

He ascends weapons to Fire and Chaos.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:

Claymore's are to heavy/STR reliant to be a good Faith build weapon. A Scythe would be a much better choice, if you're looking for a hard-hitting, long range and rather fast weapon. Divine Scythe +10 is bad-ass. Also try looking into a Murakumo, though that will require 28 of Str to wield in one hand.

@Luvtospooge - The magic blacksmith is the one in New Londo. The blacksmith you're missing is near the second bonfire (the hidden behind a illusory wall). From that bonfire, head to the bridge in that path, down to the bottom part of the stairway after the door on that bridge and you'll see that the stairway is broken, though you can see some ledges at the bottom. Roll down to that and keep rolling down to any visible ledge. You'll appear at the top of a broken tunnel, fall down to it and you'll see a cutscene with a weird looking skeleton. That's the blacksmith. 

A murakamo you say? 28 str seems like too much of an investment though.. maybe the great scythe?

blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:

A murakamo you say? 28 str seems like too much of an investment though.. maybe the great scythe?

Great Scythes aren't that good outside PVP, mostly because they have much lower damage than a Scythe and the bleed effect is null on most enemies.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:

Great Scythes aren't that good outside PVP, mostly because they have much lower damage than a Scythe and the bleed effect is null on most enemies.

Hm, I suppose I'll use the murakamo then, 28 str here I come. Murakamo is a buy from shiva correct?

blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:

Hm, I suppose I'll use the murakamo then, 28 str here I come. Murakamo is a buy from shiva correct?

You can buy it from Shiva or have it drop from one of the Giant Skeletons.

Current PC Build