By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

blkfish92 said:
my new character is lvl 26 and my friend is 27, can't seem to co-op with each other, why?

Did you try the same tricks we tried the other day? Try to load the game at the same time and have the person using the White Soapstone spam it until you/he sees it.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Looks like I have to farm Harpies. My internet doesn't want to let me invade others it seems.

I continue to get "Invading World"

..."Failed to join session"

or if I do manage to get in I get killed because I suck at PvP lol.

Wagram said:
Looks like I have to farm Harpies. My internet doesn't want to let me invade others it seems.

Are you PVP'ing in Kiln? That's usually the area where the majority of players gather for PVP. Though with your levels you'll be easy prey for Lightning weapons builds or TWOPs&Fogs, it's not about skills but those builds pretty much take the fun out of PVP until SL 120 and above.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Wagram said:

Are you PVP'ing in Kiln? That's usually the area where the majority of players gather for PVP. Though with your levels you'll be easy prey for Lightning weapons builds or TWOPs&Fogs, it's not about skills but those builds pretty much take the fun out of PVP until SL 120 and above.

I've noticed that like everyone only uses Pyromancy. What the hell is with that? I haven't even used a single pyro skill in the game outside of Iron Flesh.

Wagram said:
lestatdark said:
Wagram said:

I've noticed that like everyone only uses Pyromancy. What the hell is with that? I haven't even used a single pyro skill in the game outside of Iron Flesh.

Because Great Combustion and Chaos Great Fireball are extremely OP and you can do over 800 damage at SL below 100 when you upgrade to Quelaana's Pyro Flame +5 without having to spend any stats to do that damage. 

That's why everyone's just saying "eff it" to PVP until SL 120 - 150. At those SL's Pyros and Lightning "builds" stop mattering and the true builds start having the actual worth they were supposed to have.

Current PC Build

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Wagram said:
lestatdark said:
Wagram said:

Because Great Combustion and Chaos Great Fireball are extremely OP and you can do over 800 damage at SL below 100 when you upgrade to Quelaana's Pyro Flame +5 without having to spend any stats to do that damage. 

That's why everyone's just saying "eff it" to PVP until SL 120 - 150. At those SL's Pyros and Lightning "builds" stop mattering and the true builds start having the actual worth they were supposed to have.

I got summoned through my ring and managed to kill an afk guy. I thought it was hilarious.

Wagram said:
lestatdark said:
Wagram said:
lestatdark said:
Wagram said:

I got summoned through my ring and managed to kill an afk guy. I thought it was hilarious.

Those aren't usually AFK. There's a considerable lag between the guy that gets summoned in your game and the guy actually being summoned in his game. I found some of those on the forest and I was curious, so I PM a guy who seemengly was AFK. He told me that he was still on the loading screen and when it was over the only thing he got was the message "Your phantom is being sent back to your world". 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
my new character is lvl 26 and my friend is 27, can't seem to co-op with each other, why?

Did you try the same tricks we tried the other day? Try to load the game at the same time and have the person using the White Soapstone spam it until you/he sees it.

Hm, loading at same time makes a difference? Because we were only spamming the stone not loading our game at same time.

blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:

Hm, loading at same time makes a difference? Because we were only spamming the stone not loading our game at same time.

It seems to help in putting you both in the same server. From there, it's only a matter of spamming the stone until it falls on the same lobby.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:

It seems to help in putting you both in the same server. From there, it's only a matter of spamming the stone until it falls on the same lobby.

ah, no wonder it worked easily for us, thanks browskie =D