By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Why is there no mention of the furtive pygmy (so easily forgotten) in the actual game ? :/

Around the Network
VXIII said:

Why is there no mention of the furtive pygmy (so easily forgotten) in the actual game ? :/

i believe that's because we (the player and the rest of the undead NPC's) are the descendant of the furtive Pigmy. As I recall correctly, when the prologue says "and from the dark they came", it points to the people related to the furtive pigmy. 

- Spoilers - 

Khaate points out that you're the inheritor of the dark, to be the one dark lord to usher in the age of Dark by killing the corrupted Gwyn and not linkig the flame, thus putting an end to the age of Fire. And since the undead men/women are pigmys in comparison to the other lords who are like giants&gods, I think that's the reason why we're the descendants of the original furtive pigmy.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Chevinator123 said:
If you chop off the Gaping Dragons tail you get a super duper mega gigantic mega super axe with attack power of 360

The Dragon King Greataxe is not a super duper axe because of it's attack power, which goes to 540 when it's +5, but because of it's two-handed R2 attack. Free Wrath of the Gods with the same damage as the weapon's attack power XD.

@luvtospooge - The Orange Charred Ring is the only thing that the Centipede Demon drops. About cutting it's tail, that's not exactly what you need to cut off, it's one of the appendix heads that he usually throws around. That'll only make him drop the ring sooner and you can use it for the rest of the fight to avoid fighting him on the starting platform.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Havel the Rock....I mean, Morrigan the Rock gets the much deserved platinum trophy

Current PC Build

Does anyone know how to trigger critical hits. i just got the Havel Ring, which supposedly increases the power of critical hits. yet i dont even know how to get a critical hit, is it based on chance?

Around the Network

....Screw farming the slabs. I'm not going to farm off of those butterflys as a melee build only to have my extremely rare drop fall down. I'll just finish on NG+.

Now to prep the rare weapons. Sooo much demon titanite ; ;

A203D said:
Does anyone know how to trigger critical hits. i just got the Havel Ring, which supposedly increases the power of critical hits. yet i dont even know how to get a critical hit, is it based on chance?

Havel Ring? Havel increases your maximum equip burden by 50%. You may be referring to the Hornet ring. 

Criticals aren't based on chance. There are four conditions in which criticals happen:

- Backstabs (highest damage)
- Parry and Riposte (similar damage to backstab)
- Attacking immediatly after blocking an enemy attack if he gets stunned by the blocked attack (lowest critical damage)
- When the enemy is finishing doing an action, such as jumping to the side, final frames of animation of an attack, etc. If you hit them in the very few moments of those actions, you'll do a critical hit. (similar damage as before).

@Wargram - You can farm Demon Titanites from the Titanite Demon that respawns on the shortcut to Lost Izalith from Demon's Ruins.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

Havel the Rock....I mean, Morrigan the Rock gets the much deserved platinum trophy

Congrats!

Did you create your own upgrade guide for the rare weapons?

or did you use a pre-made guide somewhere on the net? I'm trying to find all materials now so I don't have to get them later.

lestatdark said:

Hooray!!!!

I'm taking my time as if I play for like 5 hours straight I'll get the platinum easily, so I started a new file for pvp to work on.

So there's a ghost dagger and a curved sword? Are you crapping me???