By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does Microsoft have a policy regarding amount of discs shipped?

Microsoft demands minimun shipment  of 50k copies in America. It used to be 30k which was already huge amount for small publishers.

Around the Network
KillerMan said:

Microsoft demands minimun shipment  of 50k copies in America. It used to be 30k which was already huge amount for small publishers.

lol

there's many 360 games can't even ship more than 30k in NA this year

btw,i don't think Konami can't ship more than this number(50k or whatever)

KillerMan said:

That's what I was looking for, but yeah there are a few games that haven't shipped much this year to.

A couple of Kinect games I can think of (Madagascar one, Fantastic Pets, Knights Contract, Mind Jack and maybe the Dreamcast Collection XBLA disc).

Mind Jack and Knights Contract look like epic bombs, so that would mean that theres a lot of copies on the shelves if they had to ship 50k. I don't see either game on every shelf I go to in the US.

It's just that simple.

KillerMan said:

Why would they have such a rule? Just makes no sense.