By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - To all that got a free copy of Halo: Reach from the XBL Public Preview Program

Tagged games:

If you got a free copy of Halo: Reach from Microsoft as being part of the XBL Public Preview Program you may want to check the email you signed up to the program with because your Halo: Reach disc won't work after the new Halo: Reach title update. But fear not! Because MS is giving a code to download Halo: Reach from games on demand for free!

Here's the email I received from them.

Earlier this year, you participated in the Xbox LIVE Public Preview program and were provided a copy of Halo: Reach as part of your participation. Unfortunately, this Halo: Reach “preview disc” cannot be updated with a conventional Title Update, causing the game to be unplayable after the recent Halo: Reach Title Update on September 21, 2011. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

To get you back online with Halo: Reach, below is a code for the Games on Demand version of the game. Once the code is redeemed and your copy of Halo: Reach is downloaded, the game will work as usual, including the features added by the title update. All of your Halo Reach game saves will work normally as well. You may then discard the disc from the Public Preview program. 

Please note that this Games on Demand version of Halo: Reach will require you to have some storage on your Xbox 360 – a hard drive or USB of at least 6.6 gigabytes. 

Halo Reach Games on Demand Code: --------------------------------

I'm downloading the game right now.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
CAn we reply to this thread even if we have not gotten a free copy? It would be cool to get something like that out of the blue though!

Lol yes you can. 

But yeah I was pleasently surprised when I saw that I would get Halo: Reach on games on demand.

For a moment there when I first started reading the email I was just about ready to get real pissed because I thought they weren't going to do anything about it. Glad they are though!

spurgeonryan said:
Microsoft is a good company..usually. I hate XP though. Did you ever read about there set up in Washington state? There buildings surround Nintendo's head quarters there. I had a thread about it long ago, but it is too far back to find now. Cool stuff though.

You know I haven't heard about that actually.

Why do you hate XP though? That's one of their most solid operating systems.

spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Microsoft is a good company..usually. I hate XP though. Did you ever read about there set up in Washington state? There buildings surround Nintendo's head quarters there. I had a thread about it long ago, but it is too far back to find now. Cool stuff though.

ACtually I meant Vista. I fraking loved XP, wish I never got rid of it.

Yeah Vista is a piece of garbage. Upgrade to Windows 7...its a damn fine OS.

spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:

Should be getting a new computer sometime in the next year, so hopefully it will have 7 on it.

Nice! But if you get a new computer after Windows 8 comes out make sure to get that OS instead because it looks sick.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:

Should be getting a new computer sometime in the next year, so hopefully it will have 7 on it.

Nice! But if you get a new computer after Windows 8 comes out make sure to get that OS instead because it looks sick.

Windows 7 just came out! I remember seeing the commercials still. When does 8 come out?

Windows 7 came out 2 years ago and by the time windows 8 comes out it will be 3 years (which is still too short of a time between OS systems IMO)

yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:

get your free copy here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516

I got my free copy :) So glad, too, because I sold my old copy once I was accepted into this program and got the free disc. Now I have it permanently on my hard drive and no need to swap discs to play this game if I have Gears or CoD in the tray! Yay!!!

Mistershine said:
yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:

get your free copy here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516

Dude that is awesome! Thanks

I'm going to see if I can install it on a random computer here at my house. I won't install it on my laptop because it has Windows 7 and I have it set up rather nicely right now.