By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - A quick look at 2007 American XBox 360 Software Sales

In the year 47,950,306 pieces of software were sold
11,671,685 (24%) of this software was software published by Microsoft
36,278,621 (76%) of this software was published by third parties

This means that (roughly) 4.64 titles were purchased by every XBox 360 owner in 2007

There were 84,353,748 User Owned XBox 360 Months in the Year
XBox 360 owners (on average) buy 0.57 XBox 360 games every month

edit: cut-n-paste mistake

Around the Network

I dont understand the last sentence...

so 360 owners buy fewer games for their 360 then PS3 owners buy for their PS3.

What I dont understand is that for Wii, Wii Sports and Wii Play aren't even counted, yet here Forza 2 and Marvel are counted, and on PS3 Motorstorm is counted. Unless he took it out without telling us.

I mean I guess I can see somewhat logic in Wii Sports, although by not including it you offset Wii tie ratios by 1, which is bad seeing that it can be explained that because people buy a console that already has a game, they arne't required to buy a game. Now we have Wii starting at 0, instead of the traditional 1, that all start with, as normally higher than 90% of people buy 1 game with a console when purchased. With Wii that is not necessary though.

But not including Wii Play. Grr this angers me. But your topic not mine. Incosistencies obviously don't phase you.

PS3 has a higher attach rate than the 360? Now that cant be right can it?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network
zackblue said:

its not

gapboi954 said:
zackblue said:

its not

Its not an attach rate in the classical sense ...
It is the number of games sold in 2007 as compared to the number of consoles sold in total.

You could say it's a more accurate rate that include the historical user base instead of just the current system sales.

This would be intersting for PS2 as it has such a large base, it's rate is probably the lowest...