By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: No PSN Unless You Waive Lawsuit

I would be a little upset about this but really, I don't think I'd ever actually get around to suing them even if I had used the PSN anytime in the last year.

Though I guess I will need to finally update my PS3 for Uncharted 3...curses!  I'll wait until then to be annoyed (though still not annoyed enough to write a letter).

Around the Network

This isn't uncommon. And if they do something fucked up I can always sell my PS3 (Not likely).

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Would care if I ever bothered to sue...

I may keep my PS3 offline for a while.......

I think this is illegal in a lot of countries...but I don't know...

Around the Network

i actually spent some time to read...

"RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER WITHIN 30 DAYS. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THE BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER IN THIS SECTION 15, YOU MUST NOTIFY SNEI IN WRITING WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE DATE THAT YOU ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR WRITTEN NOTIFICATION MUST BE MAILED TO 6080 CENTER DRIVE, 10TH FLOOR, LOS ANGELES, CA 90045, ATTN: LEGAL DEPARTMENT/ARBITRATION AND MUST INCLUDE: (1) YOUR NAME, (2) YOUR ADDRESS, (3) YOUR PSN ACCOUNT NUMBER, IF YOU HAVE ONE, AND (4) A CLEAR STATEMENT THAT YOU DO NOT WISH TO RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH ANY SONY ENTITY THROUGH ARBITRATION."

So does it mean i can still be part of the class action after accepting the TOS with this written notification to sony? I really don't like all the legal stuff... it's like putting traps everywhere

lol, that's not legal, but knowledge of actual law seems to have little bearing on Sony's legal division. That's why they employed those bully tactics against Hotz, because burying him in red tape was their only recourse

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

**** Sony, Im not going to agree to crap...I hope this makes them lose alot of customers

omgosh now i cant sue!!!

c'mon people.. thats what most of you sound like lol. i'm lmao here

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
omgosh now i cant sue!!!

c'mon people.. thats what most of you sound like lol. i'm lmao here

It's not that I plan to sue.  I just want to reap the benefits if there is a law suit.  I barely played on the PSN before the hack.  I've barely played my PS3 since.  Still, it's a moot point for me, now.  My kid jumped on LBP online (and Netflix) yesterday and SHE accepted the terms.  No solid gold hat for me, now.  :(