By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Would you all be dissapointed if Gears 3 got less than a 9 metascore?

People only cared in 2007 when the PS3 had no game on metacritic above 9 while the other two had already plenty of them. Now the PS3 gained some +9 games...now they don't care anymore :).

Around the Network

Not personally, but I would be surprised. While a few sites might mark it down for originality or lack of evolution I expect many sites, with today's review/scoring approach, to give it 9 out of 10 or perfect scores.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

no.. i'm still gonna buy it even if it gets a 7/10... because a 7 is still a buy to me,

Siko1989 said:
no.. i'm still gonna buy it even if it gets a 7/10... because a 7 is still a buy to me,

If a Gears got a 7 you'd know there was something seriously wrong with it.

kowenicki said:
Reasonable said:
Not personally, but I would be surprised. While a few sites might mark it down for originality or lack of evolution I expect many sites, with today's review/scoring approach, to give it 9 out of 10 or perfect scores.

thats out of touch... the current trend is moving lower.

A little, but I still get the impression that solid gold franchises still get solid scores.  So far I've seen a lot of perfect scores for Gears 3 for example.  It might well deserve them, can't say yet, but while I'm happy to see more mid level titles get reviewed more sensibly I think a lot of core franchises still see sites afraid to be too harsh (or to obviously go the other way).

Anyway, I would be very surprised to see Gears 3 below 90% because everything I've seen suggests its as solid and polished as the previous two with just the right balance of more of the same with enough new tweaks.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

My biggest fear is that they would cut some of the diversity that made me love Gears 2 so much. After reading a few reviews (VGCharz--which was terribly generic, I hate to say, IGN's which was pretty awesome, and Games Radar--which was probably giving too much info in regards to the story) I'm getting Gears with nothing but confidence that It's going to be my favorite game, this year (along with Batman).

Scores be damned.

only my opinion matters to me...the metacritic score can go *bleep* itself

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Hippysnake said:
Here's an idea to all those who care.

Stop giving a shit about a number that will probably have no bearing on how much you like/dislike the game, and in all certainty is more likely to be proportional to how much $$$ exchanges hands from the publishers to the reviewers.

agreed on the first part.... second part is a big myth... reviewer are just retarded or biased like anyone else..... the source revenue of those site is advertising and even though some publisher can put pressure on editors.... with advertising they don't sell and you can't exactly do without IGN game informer or other big name..... and a free copy to the mag is not gonna cut it... they can go in store get it.....

Looks like the scores are holding above a 9....While I dont really care about the scores, It would really be a shame if 360's only exclusive big Game of the Year wasn't superior.....I mean if it wasn't good I honeslty wouldn't have a reason to keep owning a 360

but hurt? no. upset about it? no. could careless? no i really couldn't.

look i'm a GEARS head through and through so it wouldn't matter one way or the other.

Bioshock? nope. am i but hurt about R3 being blow 90 on meta? no. why would i care wht someone thinks about the games i like? heres an idea. follow this link and see wht you think about the title of this article.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/1124/this-one-goes-to-eleven-the-review-system-is-broken-amp-gta-proves-it/