By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MEGATON! Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS!

kitler53 said:

also, i know it will "support" that second analog thing but did they release any details on if you "have" to use it yet?

no idea about 4 but it's optional for tri-G.

kivi95 said:
VGKing# You should not be to sure about that. Most MH fans are on the psp so if they release MH4 on the psv it will probably sell better as their fanbase are their and it will look prettier.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the loyalty is to the game, not the platform. There is no guarantee the whole MH PSP base would migrate to Vita. Right now Nintendo is givng those PSP MH fans a choice to migrate to 3DS.

I never understand "MH Vita would be better because it will be prettier" argument.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

Waiting for a "Wii U Monster Hunter game" announcement.

^~

RolStoppable said:
Galaki said:
megaman79 said:
"Making games multiplatform is a basic strategy, and Capcom has strengthened the "Monster Hunter" franchise, as well as other popular brands, by using it."

And with THAT Id assume Vita owners shouldn't be too worried.

Does not stop some from getting all butthurt though :)

There will be content cut from the game to account for the 3DS's lower capacity cartridges. Not to mention that the Vita version will at best only look marginally better than the 3DS version.

It's either one or the other, not both.

Everything I've read so far points to Vita having similar amounts of storage to 3DS. If I remember correctly 3DS' cartridges are limited to 8GB currently while Vita will be launching with 4GB cartridges or less... Obviously if one company can afford to increase the size, so can the other since the media are similar from a manufacturing point of view.

In this respect it would seem Sony are really the ones with a disadvantage since users will come to expect higher quality assets from Vita games and there is no way Sony can afford to increase cartridge sizes at a rate that keeps up with the huge increase in asset size the Vita can render over the 3DS..

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

lol we know which handheld is gonna control Japan now

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Wagram said:
Isn't Megaton a bit dramatic? Possibly for Japan but the rest of the world? I don't think soooo

Japan alone justifies the "megaton", judging by the sales of the series.

But Mario 3D and Mario Kart 7 will provide sufficient boost in Europe/NA this holiday :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

WOW huge! This could cause some real damage to the PSV! Sony you're so dumb by not making any deals...

Ugh, why is Rathalos returning?
Anyway, the part with the hunter jumping on its back looks like a welcome addition.

The whole aspect of dynamic environments and changes mid-battle seems like a good direction to take the series after Tri. I hope it won't make the games too hard... maybe that's why they are introducing some automation to the camera in 3G for 3DS.

If I had to manage my ammo, health and stamina in addition to manually looking out for and avoiding environmental hazards, jumping between ledges and talking to my party-members all while fighting a blood thirsty dragon, I'd die in no time..

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Boy i sure picked the right time to have NO ACCESS to F'N INTERNET!! UN-F'N-BELIEVABLE! Amazing 3DS lineup!

saicho said:
kitler53 said:

also, i know it will "support" that second analog thing but did they release any details on if you "have" to use it yet?

no idea about 4 but it's optional for tri-G.

kivi95 said:
VGKing# You should not be to sure about that. Most MH fans are on the psp so if they release MH4 on the psv it will probably sell better as their fanbase are their and it will look prettier.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the loyalty is to the game, not the platform. There is no guarantee the whole MH PSP base would migrate to Vita. Right now Nintendo is givng those PSP MH fans a choice to migrate to 3DS.

I never understand "MH Vita would be better because it will be prettier" argument.

Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP)  4.47M (Japan only)

Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) 1.89M (1.05M in Japan)

Evidently not..