By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Steam's 'Xbox Support' section discovered, sparks Valve 360 rumours

pezus said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
pezus said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
i honestly don't want steam on Xbox at all. Steam is going to go monopoly just you watch!!!!

If the monopoly has constant deals and sales then I'm all for it.

But they will grow and then bam!!!! Lets think like a company instead of the consumer.

They are thinking like a company and are no doubt highly profitable because of those deals. I really doubt Valve would turn into EA/Activision

You never know, i for one don't want it on my xbox period. Xbox doesn't need steam.

Around the Network
pezus said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
pezus said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
pezus said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
i honestly don't want steam on Xbox at all. Steam is going to go monopoly just you watch!!!!

If the monopoly has constant deals and sales then I'm all for it.

But they will grow and then bam!!!! Lets think like a company instead of the consumer.

They are thinking like a company and are no doubt highly profitable because of those deals. I really doubt Valve would turn into EA/Activision

You never know, i for one don't want it on my xbox period. Xbox doesn't need steam.

It doesn't need it, just like it doesn't need cross game chat, facebook, netflix etc. It's just an added feature that would be nice

It doesn't seem nice to me at all. keep it on ps3 and pc but away from xbox

mjk45 said:
Antabus said:
I don't get it. What would someone do with steam on 360?

cross platform play of games like Portal etc, steam client match making, direct patches upgrades through steam .

Thee thing that confuses me is there are no fiigures to show cross platform gaming is wanted or needed.

Microssoft were tthe first try this and had  other games lined up. Shadowrun was not successful, Huxley was dropped and The Secret World was alsoo dropped.

I suppose you could argue that Portal 2 is more popular, but again from what I understand from newsbites is the crossplatform part pretty much non exists.

Steam will never come to XBOX 360....not ever.

Steam is a competitor to Microsoft's GAME FOR WINDOWS LIVE platform.

Microsoft will never allow Steam onto XBOX 360/XBOX LIVE.

selnor said:
mjk45 said:
Antabus said:

cross platform play of games like Portal etc, steam client match making, direct patches upgrades through steam .

Thee thing that confuses me is there are no fiigures to show cross platform gaming is wanted or needed.

Microssoft were tthe first try this and had  other games lined up. Shadowrun was not successful, Huxley was dropped and The Secret World was alsoo dropped.

I suppose you could argue that Portal 2 is more popular, but again from what I understand from newsbites is the crossplatform part pretty much non exists.

the question was what would you do with steam on live and I answered it .

The success or otherwise of the platform would then be up to steam also there are many examples of products that are now taken for granted that initially

met with scepticism  and initial failure some times it was right idea wrong time  etc., obviously valve sees it different and it is not just about cross platform they also want to control there ability to streamline valve products across all platforms and not be forced into a corner in regards to free/paid dlc

You can't blame MS for wanting to keep things how they are. but I think eventually they will loosen the network guidelines just a tad.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
selnor said:
mjk45 said:
Antabus said:

The success or otherwise of the platform would then be up to steam also there are many examples of products that are now taken for granted that initially

met with scepticism  and initial failure some times it was right idea wrong time  etc., obviously valve sees it different and it is not just about cross platform they also want to control there ability to streamline valve products across all platforms and not be forced into a corner in regards to free/paid dlc

You can't blame MS for wanting to keep things how they are. but I think eventually they will loosen the network guidelines just a tad.

I do like a closed network though. Open networks are having problems. Controlling the the material available on Live is really good as far as viruses and the like go. Theres every chance that the more lacks the console companies get, the more open to viruses they will be. 

selnor said:
mjk45 said:
selnor said:
mjk45 said:
Antabus said:

I do like a closed network though. Open networks are having problems. Controlling the the material available on Live is really good as far as viruses and the like go. Theres every chance that the more lacks the console companies get, the more open to viruses they will be. 

I agree but just has Sony aren't handing over the keys to Valve neither would MS it's more about cutting red tape and opening up partnership's plus company's like Valve have network experience are well trusted names and all their products have to undergo testing to go on steam as it is so it streamlines the whole approach.

mjk45 said:
selnor said:
mjk45 said:
selnor said:
mjk45 said:
Antabus said:

I agree but just has Sony aren't handing over the keys to Valve neither would MS it's more about cutting red tape and opening up partnership's plus company's like Valve have network experience are well trusted names and all their products have to undergo testing to go on steam as it is so it streamlines the whole approach.

hmm pretty sure MS has people on par if not better than valve when it comes to network experience..... nah the real issue is money and protecting a profitable business model for MS while satisfying their customer by offering what they want.... to fine the right mix is a big task for such a big company without saying that if they open the door to valve then Ubisoft, EA activision all can start their own campain....

endimion said:
mjk45 said:
selnor said:
mjk45 said:
selnor said:
mjk45 said:
Antabus said:

hmm pretty sure MS has people on par if not better than valve when it comes to network experience..... nah the real issue is money and protecting a profitable business model for MS while satisfying their customer by offering what they want.... to fine the right mix is a big task for such a big company without saying that if they open the door to valve then Ubisoft, EA activision all can start their own campain....

I was talking about network experience in regards to Valve knowing how to package there games and being well known in the industry you make it sound like they want to run live , MS still has control, like i said  Sony didn't hand over the keys they just came up with a working arrangement that helped both sides, because it tends to be benifical when two sides come to an equitable agreement over something that they have a mutual interest in.

mjk45 said:
endimion said:
mjk45 said:
selnor said:
mjk45 said:
selnor said:
mjk45 said:
Antabus said:

I was talking about network experience in regards to Valve knowing how to package there games and being well known in the industry you make it sound like they want to run live , MS still has control, like i said  Sony didn't hand over the keys they just came up with a working arrangement that helped both sides, because it tends to be benifical when two sides come to an equitable agreement over something that they have a mutual interest in.

except PSN and VALVE is free.... I see your point and agree on your last one particularly.... but I can see how for MS it is something they have to concider and pounder carefully.... we are not talking about a small company here... this big behemoth... decision making is not done by 2 peeps in an office.... it takes way more time to process the hiarchy and get approved.... and yet it is not sure it is gonna be a good thing for them.... we'll see I don't see it happen this gen though...