By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Own a piece of the Nintendo Playstation!

If you subscribe to the many-parallel-worlds theory, there's some version of Earth where Nintendo and Sony joined forces to create the Nintendo PlayStation.

The two companies got as far as producing development hardware on which games would be developed for the hybrid Super Nintendo/CD-ROM system, and even produced a controller that eventually became the PlayStation pad.

An eBay auction this week purports to have just one such controller, a six-button version that I remember seeing in some Next Generation article or something somewhere, for the Buy It Now price of $3000.

Certainly a rare opportunity to own a piece of gaming history, unless of course it's a very clever fake. The seller doesn't offer any information that would vouch for its authenticity, only saying that he "did not make it" but neither did he "find" it.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/auction-watch-o.html

Around the Network

yes Nintendo is responsible that the playstaion was created,
their own fault that they were second/third in the console war for over 10 years, that's what i call irony.

The issue was that Nintendo hated CD's and wanted to stick with carts. everyone hated them for it because they were too expensive to make, the PS-X ruled Nintendo like a bitch.

Kinda neat, but that would be amazingly uncomfortable. Think about how your hands would wrap around it. Nothing to hold onto at the bottom. Thats cramps and a half.

This thing looks like a fake to me. Is that a RGB cord?

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

darklich13 said:
This thing looks like a fake to me. Is that a RGB cord?

That would be serial.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
HomerS said:
yes Nintendo is responsible that the playstaion was created,
their own fault that they were second/third in the console war for over 10 years, that's what i call irony.

Uh, no, the issue was that Nintendo IPs like Mario, Zelda, Metroid and others would have become usable by Sony without any input by Nintendo if the merger had taken place. Considering what happened with the philips CD-i, I'd have to say that I'm glad nintendo hadn't gone with Sony, or we might still have games like this running on the PS2

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

My god Grey Acumen. I didn't realise how retarded they made link.

I am so glad Ninty has kept him silent if thats the kind of bullshit he spews when somebody unmutes him.

@Grey Acumen

Wow. That is really bad. At least the cartoon had a few witty one-liners.

Rath said:
My god Grey Acumen. I didn't realise how retarded they made link.

I am so glad Ninty has kept him silent if thats the kind of bullshit he spews when somebody unmutes him.

Oh, don't you worry, that wasn't the first time that link has spoken...

part 1 

part 2 

it's sad, but I used to love this show.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

OMG, I think I used to watch that show too...except I didn't even know about the videogame back then (I just turned 21 this year, that looks really old). Holy crap, flashback to my childhood, I think I am going crazy. That show is just too funny watching it now...hahahha.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!