By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CES 2008: Bill Gates to Make a Big Xbox Announcement?

I think more an more its maybe free XBL gold free ...that woud be great :)

Around the Network
Demac said:
New SKU to match the PS3 (Wifi and HD-DVD). Makes sense since my PS3 wouldn't even be connected to internet if it wasn't for WiFi. Also a big part of my choice was the integrated Blu-Ray for movies. Also a few fixes to fix the hardware glitches and annoyances. Or a price drop....

that would piss off so much of the 360's user base. Plus they would not be able to the HD-DVD drive for games making the SKU as successful as the SEGA CD. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

My thoughts

1) Blu-ray drive announced
2) XBL free
3) Home Ripoff is launched ie they jam Second Life on the console and say it will work 100% better then HOME (which would make just as much sense as jamming your hand into a jar with salt water and barbed wire)

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

they are going to announce they are buying up nintendo and killing off mario

ssj12 said:
My thoughts

1) Blu-ray drive announced
2) XBL free
3) Home Ripoff is launched ie they jam Second Life on the console and say it will work 100% better then HOME (which would make just as much sense as jamming your hand into a jar with salt water and barbed wire)

Well, Blu-Ray wouldn't make too much sense because they belong to the HD-DVD Research Group. Although it is possible for it to happen depending on how Microsoft it loyal to that group. But will Microsoft admit defeat and give in to Sony? Not likely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network

If anything, Gates announcement will be a rival for home :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

free XBL. due to how poor the service is now.

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139

Wow the sony fan boys have come out in full force recently. Thread after thread I see the same anti xbox spew.

That being said, it will not be a home rip off. An interview 2 months or so back pretty much stated that.

Possible a upgraded elite sku with hddvd or even a 360 + hddvd player built inside new Toshiba tvs.

Possible Zune 2.0 to xbox connectivity. Oh yes my friends that is coming one day make no mistake. =)

BottledSpringWater said:

Well, Blu-Ray wouldn't make too much sense because they belong to the HD-DVD Research Group. Although it is possible for it to happen depending on how Microsoft it loyal to that group. But will Microsoft admit defeat and give in to Sony? Not likely.

I don't know why everyone thinks MS is "committed" to HD-DVD.  They've stated on various occasions that they can release a Blu-ray or combo player for the 360 if Blu-ray wins.  They may be very involved with HD-DVD, but they don't seem completely married to it... they're likely hedging their bets.