By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My Halo: Combat Evolved Impressions

This game is by far superior to both future installments, especially its campaign. Halo has the most visceral and engaging firefights, even more so than the original Half-Life. The pacing isn't as great as Halo 3's campaign mode. I was sick and damn tired of driving in that damn Warthog on Halo. I also have fallen in love with CE's pistol, the best secondary weapon ever. The Grunts are hilarious as ever, "Feet don't fail me now." I'm not done with Campaign, yet, but it is great so far. Master Chief is a lot faster in Halo: CE, the melee system is perfect, etc., which makes multiplayer a lot more challenging and entertaining.

Around the Network

first halo was the best
2 was cool...more of the same with better graphics
3 ^^^if u have played 1 or 2 you have played 3

Consoles I own: Dreamcast, PSP

The first game in a series is almost always the most revolutionary one. I disagree with Halo 1 being straight out better than the two others, but it sure has its moments. All three games have a similar mix of greatness and shittiness IMHO, but it's definitely debatable.

Halo: Best Campaign
Halo 2: Best multiplayer
Halo 3: eh..best...

H3: Best Co-op (4 player ftw)
H3: Best Films
H3: Best Design your own map layout
H3: Best fun minigames (rocket racers ftw)
H3: Best online integration of stats with Bungie.net

I'd agree that H1 has the best "Campaign story".

My 360 can blog!

Gamers have 3 choices this generation: The Exercise Machine, the Movie Machine, or the Game Machine.  What kind of gamer are you?

Around the Network

4 player co-op in Halo 3 was just awesome. The best co-op experience I've played so far.

Halo 1 was a great game. I was so pissed though when Microsoft bought Bungie and made it exclusive to the Xbox. It didn't come out for PC for 2 years after the XBox version and it was a mediocre port. Many PC gamers had Halo as one of their most anticipated titles after the first videos came out. We got cheated. It still was a great game, but it at least should have been ported properly.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

lol, saying you run the fastest in the first Halo is really saying something since you run slowly in all of them.