By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rule: No Videos, Unoboxings, Reviews, official threads, or general sharing of your experience with Xenoblade till America has it.

It's pretty funny that this site even has an official review for this game. Not to mention all of this stuff going on on the forums...

Around the Network
gumby_trucker said:
So I gather this is the official thread for the game?
Finally got my copy the other day (hurricane warnings must have delayed lots of flights...) and have spent about 4 hours playing so far. I love how streamlined it is, especially for a JRPG, and also how forgiving the game is in terms of not losing progress and items when you die in battle, though maybe that's just the first few hours until you get up to speed with all the different systems.

I was wondering about the combat, though - is there any way to manage other party members' Arts during battle?
It seems kind of a waste to have such an involved system if you can only access the leader's special moves at any given time.
Am I missing something
or does this become available later in the game?

So far that is my one big issue with the battle system, which otherwise I find to be a very good balance between turn-based and real-time.

Chain attacks. Pretty handy for when you need to break -> topple a huge enemy, especially if your character lacks the arts to do that. In fact, chain attacks are sometimes the only way to affect enemies with arts.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Gnac said:
gumby_trucker said:
So I gather this is the official thread for the game?
Finally got my copy the other day (hurricane warnings must have delayed lots of flights...) and have spent about 4 hours playing so far. I love how streamlined it is, especially for a JRPG, and also how forgiving the game is in terms of not losing progress and items when you die in battle, though maybe that's just the first few hours until you get up to speed with all the different systems.

I was wondering about the combat, though - is there any way to manage other party members' Arts during battle?
It seems kind of a waste to have such an involved system if you can only access the leader's special moves at any given time.
Am I missing something
or does this become available later in the game?

So far that is my one big issue with the battle system, which otherwise I find to be a very good balance between turn-based and real-time.

Chain attacks. Pretty handy for when you need to break -> topple a huge enemy, especially if your character lacks the arts to do that. In fact, chain attacks are sometimes the only way to affect enemies with arts.

right. I just learned about those recently, maybe I'll go back and read all the tutorials that have been pilling up before my next big battle.

Still, from what I've seen it's way more limited than having the option to actually switch leaders mid battle...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club