By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What does being athiest mean to you?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
FinalEvangelion said:
It means that I don't believe in a supernatural power or being that can break natural laws.

yea cause if its only possible through god or 1 being, how can it be possible.

did he create himself and if so how is that possible, how can one just become something without something to make it become, someone or anything for that matter.

that unknown dimension beyond human comprehension is called GOD

if we go by the science theory then BIG BANG was the first event and they think there was nothing before that.

there has to be some beginning

ok then who made the beginning, and who made the person or god that made the beginning? couldn't make his self. nothing just happens. there has to be something behind it even the creation of this so called god.

BIG BANG the scientific method says world started 13.7billion years ago and there was nothing before it,they don't question and just keep on living which is hard,this is where all the laws of reasoning and cause come into place

GOD is the unknown dimension before that or the universe itself is GOD and that world was itself created perfect that will sustain life for eternity or GOD itself will continue to lead life as in that case we are GOD

i'm mad now cause you ended it. i was having fun until you just said something i agree with and can't argue. thats just messed up. for the record i don't beleive half of wht i said.

as you can tell i question everything. even wht i believe. so how did we creat our selves (here we go again).

we can shape ourselves

if you look at how people are shaping themselves with prothetics.

ok your becoming boring. thats not an argument.

read darwin's common ancestary and natural selection

Around the Network
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
FinalEvangelion said:
It means that I don't believe in a supernatural power or being that can break natural laws.

yea cause if its only possible through god or 1 being, how can it be possible.

did he create himself and if so how is that possible, how can one just become something without something to make it become, someone or anything for that matter.

that unknown dimension beyond human comprehension is called GOD

if we go by the science theory then BIG BANG was the first event and they think there was nothing before that.

there has to be some beginning

ok then who made the beginning, and who made the person or god that made the beginning? couldn't make his self. nothing just happens. there has to be something behind it even the creation of this so called god.

BIG BANG the scientific method says world started 13.7billion years ago and there was nothing before it,they don't question and just keep on living which is hard,this is where all the laws of reasoning and cause come into place

GOD is the unknown dimension before that or the universe itself is GOD and that world was itself created perfect that will sustain life for eternity or GOD itself will continue to lead life as in that case we are GOD

i'm mad now cause you ended it. i was having fun until you just said something i agree with and can't argue. thats just messed up. for the record i don't beleive half of wht i said.

as you can tell i question everything. even wht i believe. so how did we creat our selves (here we go again).

we can shape ourselves

if you look at how people are shaping themselves with prothetics.

ok your becoming boring. thats not an argument.

read darwin's common ancestary and natural selection

no. this isn't about being correct for me. its about fun and arguing a point and coming up with the craziest ideas possible. where have you been for the past yr nobi!

i don't need to be right? i just need to make you think! thats my only purpose. i make a statement/opinion wether true or not, and the lucky person that quotes me gets taken around the world and back again until the quit, we find common ground, or they say something i can't argue and that i can agree with, but for you this was just general fun. 

P.S. i hate reading

snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

3. republicans talk religion form it into propaganda to get the devoted religioous to follow there lead to win elections so they can continue to have power the blindfollow without question, just like religion.

republicans also believe in something

what do you think there is a person sitting on top and they have nothing to do,whatever a person does is for something

yea. there for something alright. greed, power, and money

money is just a commodity of measuring hardwork and service: yea it also has value which drives curruption and greed.

power is a way of using it

greed only persists within the poor not the rich as they have worked for it: no its everwhere. the rich want more and the poor want wht they don't have.

pezus said:
snakenobi said:
pezus said:
snakenobi said:
pezus said:

1. "GOD" is a man made concept as well

the way most people think of it,yes

the way people who have deeply thought of it,no

mostly all relgious people think there is GOD and thats it,they don't think what it means of why it is there

mostly people in higher place in physics and religion know that there needs to be a reason,conciousness,creation

2. Conservation of Energy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_energy)

sure,but that just this world and the way we perceive it.

go read more of quantum physics,conciousness,etc

energy is only a way to measure,why it is there and how it will transend is beyond us

1. Same could be said about Heaven & Hell and all that you mentioned earlier. Most people think (/know...really) that they are man made concepts, but those who truly believe in them think they're not man made.

sure,there knowledge of afterlife is true but the ay people perceive it as good or bad(hell) isn't true.

Why, because you believe otherwise?

thats correct,reality is what we make of it.people thinking heaven and hell are correct.

i am against the people thinking there is specific way it is meant to be or the people who think afterlife doesn't exist

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

no. this isn't about being correct for me. its about fun and arguing a point and coming up with the craziest ideas possible. where have you been for the past yr nobi!

i have been thinking and hence out of what scocially is happening and fucking my head

Around the Network
pezus said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

3. republicans talk religion form it into propaganda to get the devoted religioous to follow there lead to win elections so they can continue to have power the blindfollow without question, just like religion.

republicans also believe in something

what do you think there is a person sitting on top and they have nothing to do,whatever a person does is for something

yea. there for something alright. greed, power, and money

money is just a commodity of measuring hardwork and service

power is a way of using it

greed only persists within the poor not the rich as they have worked for it

What?

majority of the people rich have earned it and they know what it means and the value of money

people like celibrities who just turn rich in one day think of it as a cool thing and powerfull object abuse they were poor one day.they think of it as a sprint for enjoyment but not marathon to enjoy forever

snakenobi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

i have been thinking and hence out of what scocially is happening and fucking my head

lol. thats some funny stuff.

thank u for going through my maze of bullshit, only to do it again another day.

thread closed

snakenobi said:
benao87 said:

So please tell us in detail what it means to be an atheist and how is life supposed to be functional without reincarnation or how it just continues to be how it is

Eh? Do you need to believe in the after-life in order to have a functional life?

I just can't believe in the existence of a higher being, who controls our destiny. When you die, thats it.

believing in god doesn't mean he controls you

it just makes us understand before creation and after creation realms

Uhmm, don't know dude, its just like I think that if there is a God who created the universe and blah blah blah, its like a person with a giant ant farm. He goes there and poke that. If it is indeed its creation, it was made for its amusement. Thats how I interpret the view from the people who believe in any form of god.

Btw, I really didn't get your point about life.

A person who doesn't believe in a higher being and that death marks the end.

As for what I am...I've always been a Muslim...however, I wasn't really a practicing Muslim several years ago for several reasons.

Then I saw an exorcism happen to a relative of mine who was never really troubled as a person. The way it all happened...words cannot possibly describe it, and I have yet to see a (reasonable) scientific explanation for this. Ever since, I've been pursuing more religious knowledge.

Now I see the center of this debate revolves around science such as the big bang and evolution. I support science, and I believe that God created the universe as we know it through the big bang and are continuously expanding it (and one verse supports this). As for evolution, I believe in theistic evolution.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

pearljammer said:
steverhcp02 said:
pearljammer said:

maverick40 said:

haha that was funny. I don't feel superior to both at all. As a scientist i need proof about all these things and there is no proof that god does or doesn't exist.

In the context of science though, there cannot be proof of the nonexistance of something. Asking one to do so with the consequence of calling them ignorant (as you did in your first post) is highly unfair.

Not making unproven assumptions is what makes somebody atheist. I don't think any (reasonable) atheist would argue that there is no chance of there being any diety, intervening or not - just simply that from what we know, that is highly unlikely and that there is absolutely no reason to make the assumption that there is.

But scientific proof is rather cyclical not only in our immediate past but obviously our distant past. I am no scientist but i do take a general interest in things such as astronomy and what i constantly read is the ability to define or discover things is only relavent to our current knowledge at that snapshot in time. To me a great scientist doesnt belittle others with their "science" and they readily admit that  science is merely the skyscraper built on the basis of what we consider fact at this time based on our knowledge of the universe. If something were to shift that base the skyscraper would wither crumble or need to be rebuilt at some point, thus our science at this time is dependent on the actual base at this time...and its by no means a permanent base.

The fact that we are able to view galaxies as they were nearly 10 billion years ago based on their distance, that there are billions of galaxies like ours in existance that our galaxy is over 100 million light years large and we are in 2015 just going to have a drone near pluto, the dwarf planet on the edge of our solar system, to me shows how much more our "science" will change.

Each generation is fixed on an ever distant part of this universe. Imagine how much has changed from the 1700's to now. That is predicted to exponentially increased in 300 years based on the advancement in technology. Hell, even the aforementioned number of galaxies or distances between them, movement of them, expansion of the universe may change in the future based on what we discover...

All these things considered it reminds me of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. When Zaphod is captured and put into the machine which actually shows him how insignifcant he is in the scope of the entire universe....and hes the only one to survive based on his ego. Science is well and good and great in context of current knowledge, but acting like its not evolving or moveing and/or changing at the expense of others is rather unscientific.

There's no belittling going on here, certainly not on my part. I don't wish to sound rude but I'm not quite sure what prompted you to post this - I haven't implied that science claims to hold great answers.

Science readily admits when it cannot sufficiently explain something. Any reasonable atheist would be shortsighted to say that they have all or even most of the answers - Hell, we know incredibly little. To claim any differently would be arrogance. That arrogance is displayed by those who actually do claim to know. Atheists are not the ones making the assumptions here. They simply say that from what we know, which is very little, there is no reason to assume an, especially intervening, higher power.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant it in response to the previous poster whose text i put in bold. I forgot to delete your response. Which i do in fact agree with which is probably why my response sounded strange if you thought it was directed at you.