By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Details of Budget Agreement

Baalzamon said:
HappySqurriel said:
Without considering inflation, the likely rapid increases in spending due to unfunded liabilities, or the inevitable increases in interest rates, the US government is on track to spend roughly $40 trillion over the next 10 years while adding $15 Trillion to the debt ... and they can only cut $1 trillion made up mostly of accounting gimicks, and promise to cut $1.2 trillion more that will (most likely) never be implemented or will made up of accounting gimicks

Exactly, the whole thing is just a joke.

but dont you know the people who only pay 50% of the United tates tax burden need to pay their fair share, we need to make it 60% or 70% or more, its only fair. we need a balanced aproach, right

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
Baalzamon said:
HappySqurriel said:
Without considering inflation, the likely rapid increases in spending due to unfunded liabilities, or the inevitable increases in interest rates, the US government is on track to spend roughly $40 trillion over the next 10 years while adding $15 Trillion to the debt ... and they can only cut $1 trillion made up mostly of accounting gimicks, and promise to cut $1.2 trillion more that will (most likely) never be implemented or will made up of accounting gimicks

but dont you know the people who only pay 50% of the United tates tax burden need to pay their fair share, we need to make it 60% or 70% or more, its only fair. we need a balanced aproach, right

Oh, for sure.  My best dream is always the one where I happily pay the government 98% of my income.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
osamanobama said:
Baalzamon said:
HappySqurriel said:

Oh, for sure.  My best dream is always the one where I happily pay the government 98% of my income.

why are you being so unfair you corporate jet owner you, why only 98%, why are you so selfish, it must be at least 99% and you must give a homeless man your jet, we all know you have one

It basically goes down to ....'It is the next president's problem';.. One of the first tasks of the next president is going to be 'raising the debt ceiling.....'

This retarded! Just constantly increasing the debt ceiling?? What's the matter with our country? The government officials persist that the wrong is actually the right.

Around the Network

Thats so friggin weak. If I was in charge Id have a balanced budget within a week, and the debt would start dropping immediately.

Wait, whatever happened to the governing by the philosophy of Dick Cheney that "Deficits don't matter"?
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/005/245esggv.asp

Yes, even the Weekly Standard, an influential publication which drives Neocon ideology in 2005 writes that deficits aren't too bad. Yet now, they are? Oh well, I guess they only matter when you aren't in power. I would love to see congress try to pass tax cuts with required spending cuts, and those who are all against Washington spending get NO money back from Washington for their district. It is only pork when it is someone else's district.

What about the new "Super Congress" thing? Is it even constitutional?

I saw these comments on it from Ron Paul which seem spot on:

Perhaps the most disturbing aspect of this deal is the “Super Congress” provision. This is nothing more than a way to disenfranchise the majority of Congress by denying them the chance for meaningful participation in the crucial areas of entitlement and tax reform. It cedes power to draft legislation to a special commission, hand-picked by the House and Senate leadership. The legislation produced by this commission will be fast-tracked, and Members will not have the opportunity to offer amendments. Approval of the recommendations of the “Super Congress” is tied to yet another debt ceiling increase. This guarantees that Members will face tremendous pressure to vote for whatever comes out of this commission-- even if it includes tax increases. This provision is an excellent way to keep spending decisions out of the reach of members who are not on board with the leadership's agenda.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/ron-pauls-statement-budget-control-act-and-super-congress

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

good deal but nothing gets done.

Baalzamon said:
HappySqurriel said:

as a business major i'm all about the bottom line. so according to HappySqurriel the company goes bankrupt in 10 yrs if the accountants don't get together and fix the companies whole in finances or the accountants get fired and replaced with more competent accountants.