By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Would electing the U.S Constitution to congress fix the budget mess?

Since there is now a call to amend the U.S Constitution for a balanced budget amendment, because congress can't seem to do it on their own, would it be more logical to elect the Constitution itself to congress, rather than human beings, fix the budget mess?

Around the Network

I suppose if an inanimate object were capable of self awareness and mobility, the Constitution would do very well in the position.

But if he's the only member voting Yea or Nay on a bill and the remaining members all vote contrary, there's not much he could do.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
I suppose if an inanimate object were capable of self awareness and mobility, the Constitution would do very well in the position.

But if he's the only member voting Yea or Nay on a bill and the remaining members all vote contrary, there's not much he could do.

Well, since it is human beings who are elected, if they aren't able to balance the budget now, I am curious how also adding the demands of the Constitution on top of it are going to balance the budget.  Won't, even with the Constitutional Amendment still find ways to do an end around, rather than do cuts?

I was wondering if it also would be possible to put "Unnamed candidate" on the ballot somewhere, and have them run.  Since I see in polling that an unnamed candidate will often beat a known candidate.

richardhutnik said:
Viper1 said:

Well, since it is human beings who are elected, if they aren't able to balance the budget now, I am curious how also adding the demands of the Constitution on top of it are going to balance the budget.  Won't, even with the Constitutional Amendment still find ways to do an end around, rather than do cuts?

I was wondering if it also would be possible to put "Unnamed candidate" on the ballot somewhere, and have them run.  Since I see in polling that an unnamed candidate will often beat a known candidate.

well since FDR the US has been raping the constitution. so i think he;d be in pretty ruff shape, and would only have a handfull of people trully believing in him, like ron paul and michelle backmann, and some others too

How about we rebell, and that's not a joke.

Around the Network
blkfish92 said:

I've supported this notion for a few years now.

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security,

The Declaration of Independence spells out rebellion quite well.  In fact, it's why the Second Amendment was written...to ensure the people would have a means to rebel with.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

blkfish92 said:

Very good idea. The government is supposed to work for the people, not the other way around.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

blkfish92 said:

we do have the 2nd ammendment for a reason, it wasnt only for hunting.

limiting the ability of a government to become to big and oppressive comes to mind.

but i dont think we are quite to that point yet

Viper1 said:
blkfish92 said:

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security,

The Declaration of Independence spells out rebellion quite well.  In fact, it's why the Second Amendment was written...to ensure the people would have a means to rebel with.

People like you give me hope.

blkfish92 said:
Viper1 said:
blkfish92 said:

People like you give me hope.

what about me, pick me, me too!!

just becuase he beat me by a few seconds saying the same thing. trust my idea was orginal, i didnt see his post.