By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - British Gamer's Father Warns Of Blood Clot Risks That His Son Died From

Tagged games:

Should Professional Gamers Be Worried And Get a Medical Physicals ???

Yes 4 21.05%

Maybe, If I feel any pain 5 26.32%

I don't play that long, so I'm fine 7 36.84%

No 3 15.79%

Total:19

Nothing we didn't know before, sitting in the exact same position can cause blood clots, didn't we all learn this from people getting this problem because of being on planes "a lot", so basically, old news.

Around the Network
Gnac said:
Surely this also applies to people who sit on their arses all day while watching TV?

It's different because you are not putting any real strain in your muscles. There might be mental damage or anything related to lack of physical activities.

That is true...Too much of sitting in one place and not letting your
blood circulate is not good at all....no matter what you are doing
it could be watching TV, on the Computer or Gaming on your favorite console,..

Lyrikalstylez said:

Im Fine, I mean seriously its hard now a days for me to get a good solid 2 hours of free time for myself to play videogames

The good thing for me is less chance of blood clots, the bad thing not having time to play the games I love....

I feel your pain brother. I'm in the same boat. I can barely find the time to play but I never worried about blood clots though cause I have never gamed over a few hours at a time. It's crazy hearing about these people that die in their seat due to over-gaming. I mean, I get a headache if I go over 3 or 4 hours anyway. I don't even understand how someone can go so long without their body screaming for them to stop through headaches, joint aches, or numbness in limbs. And I also don't understand how a parent will let their child play 12 hours straight. Parents these days are too fucking soft and get walked on by their children. It's a shame really cause you end up with unfortunate deaths as mentioned in the OP that could have easily been circumvented with some proper parental supervision.

Then again, there are some parents that tried to put a stop to the endless gaming and got shot in the face by their fucked up sick twist kids...

It's a damn cruel world!

there are many terrible cases that is true....