By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DS vs 3DS Sales Aligned Launches 1st year edition

How will 3DS do compared to the DS in its first year?

3DS will win 468 54.55%

DS will win 199 23.19%

Netrual 33 3.85%

It will be close 78 9.09%

See poll Results 76 8.86%

Total:854
Smeags said:
93,672 (DS) vs 223,000 (3DS)

129,328 difference.

DS leads by 690,950

I couldn't wait.

(Awesome thread KillerYoshi's, it's very interesting. ^_^)

DS leads by 690,950 , while its holiday season is gone and past in this first year, while the 3DS holiday season is still ahead of it, with some killer games in all regions. Though of course I may be wrong, based on that I expect 3DS first year to trample DS first year.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network

Since DS generally remains within 10k of 100k for its next few weeks, as long as 3DS can stabilize at ~200k, we'll decimate the gap to nothing within seven weeks.
Then? Then we have the holidays, :D!

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

bmmb1 said:
Smeags said:
93,672 (DS) vs 223,000 (3DS)

129,328 difference.

DS leads by 690,950

I couldn't wait.

DS leads by 690,950 , while its holiday season is gone and past in this first year, while the 3DS holiday season is still ahead of it, with some killer games in all regions. Though of course I may be wrong, based on that I expect 3DS first year to trample DS first year.

Yes indeedy!

The DS didn't start to soar until after its first year after Brain Age and Nintendogs caught on and Mario Kart arrived in Nov 2005.  Then came NSMB and the Lite redesign in 2006, which made it unstoppable.  While 3DS may never see that kind of insurmountable spike in the future, as far as what this thread is all about (first year), 3DS has got it in the bag.

Smeags said:

129,328 difference.

DS leads by 690,950

I couldn't wait.

Thanks smeags by a whole lot. I wasn't here to uptate anyway I'm putting a link for ds numbers link

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
Smeags said:

129,328 difference.

DS leads by 690,950

I couldn't wait.

Thanks smeags by a whole lot. I wasn't here to uptate anyway I'm putting a link for ds numbers link

Thanks for the link killeryoshis! Holy moly! 2011 is like a repeat of 2005. Will history repeat itself? I hope so! Awesome thread you have here .

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
fedfed said:
incredible thread...

Was anyone at the time saying that DS and Nintendo were doomed?

I mean. Ds had better launch, better launch release titles and 3DS will easily doing as good.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6086941.html

"The DS sounds very gimmicky to me," a source at a major publisher told GameSpot. "It's like a 'Crazy Ivan' response to the PSP."

"And while Nintendo hasn't made it official, analysts expect the DS to be released concurrently with the PSP in Q4 2004--a head-to-head contest that it is unlikely to win."

I am almost sure you can find the same doom predictions about every single one nintendo handheld or console system lol.

I am a nintendo fan, not a nintendo fanboy

Finally got all 3 regions done

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

This thread receives the Pineapple Stamp of Approval.

I think this is the most interesting currently active thread on VGChartz.

After ioi made finding the data a bit harder, threads that compile the data and present it well, as well as objectively, are really great. They're rather few too, so well done Killeryoshis.

I'm not much into sales and data regarding consoles, but I just would like to give the following recommendation:

Whenever those pesky 3DS is doomed threads are put up, everyone should just link with this thread. It really is a big "shut the fuck up" to the people who actually believe that the 3DS is doing a lot poorly than the DS.

It really annoys the hell out of me when a great console gets constantly bashed with untrue arguments.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
I'm not much into sales and data regarding consoles, but I just would like to give the following recommendation:

Whenever those pesky 3DS is doomed threads are put up, everyone should just link with this thread. It really is a big "shut the fuck up" to the people who actually believe that the 3DS is doing a lot poorly than the DS.

It really annoys the hell out of me when a great console gets constantly bashed with untrue arguments.

Don't act like it's unfounded, Nintendo would never have responded they way they did had it not been true. And since the cut there hasn't been much 3DS doom and gloom save for the silly 2nd stick gate