By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - U.S. man operates on himself with butter knife

Butterknife interesting. It must have been atleast sharp a little or have a pointy edge its quite hard to ram a butterknife into you.

He could have atleast tried to do a goid job. Maybe read some stuff in the Internet use a carpet knife and use iodine to sterilize him and the knife. For the wound he could have sewed it like a piece of cloth after his operation was done. cauterizing would be easy just put a hot frying pan on you and you should have satisfying result.

Around the Network

Man I read the comment that Canadians think their health care is better then Americans.

I live here in Canada and our health care system is probably not as good as America's. But guess what our Government and hospitals actually care about our citizens which the US Government does not. We get health care regardless of wages or status. Now our health care is some of the best in the world however their are long lines for surgeries and long lines in hospitals. But at least everyone gets treatment.

My story I went to visit my aunt in the hospital and I had an open wound (Ingrown toe nail) it got infected with MRSA. My doctor saw me and sent me for some anti-biotics but when it didn't clear up he had me swabbed and found out I had MRSA. Within a week or so I began treatment however the first round of IV anti-biotics didn't work. My doctor called me up and gave me two options he said one: If we were in the US they would amputate your toe so you have the option to amputate, or option B: We can put you on 1,500$ a day IV anti-biotics. I of course went with the later. My infection cleared up and I never paid a dime Now if I had been in the US they would have amputated or not given me any coverage at all because I don't think I could afford US med insurance.

Then one time I was sitting in Emergency and an American came in. Now Yah I easdrop alot so be it. Anyways he said he had to see a doctor immediatly he was having head aches and blood coming out of some places. He was like I need a doctor the nurse gave him a form. He said he was American, she then told him their would be a 50$ fee to see the doctor and get checked out. The guy didn't believe her he freaked and she told him that if he needed further treatment it would cost him more but for the emergency visit it would only cost 50CDN.

Now I don't live in America but 50$ to see the emerge doctor and get tests done is apparently really cheap. I talked to the American a bit and went in to see a doc anyways I can't remember what he ended up having but he was told to go for treatment back in the US. But he said end of the day his hospital visit was only 50CDN. So why is it an American gets cheaper treatment in Canada then they do in their own country?

But I do know that things like getting an organ or such takes a very long time in Canada. A famous politician needed an organ he was on our waiting list for something like a year, he finally gave up and went to the US. They got him his organ in a matter of like a month and they operated.

So the moral of the story, in Canada our Government and medical system treats everyone equally rich or poor black or white or what ever. But in the US if you have the money you can get better treatment then everyone else, don't have the money and your screwed! But apparently both Canada and the US have great doctors and facilities compared to other countries.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer