By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How does Netfliz work?

Can somebody explain to me how netflix works?  If i make an account on my PC can i use it on my PS3 and my 360  or do i have to have a seperate account?  Also if i get the streaming and physical media option is there a limit and if so what is it?

Around the Network

Netfilz.... is that like the p0rn version of Netflix.. >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

ONe account for everything. I have even shared my netflix account with other people on xbox 360 and both of us could watch movies (not sure if at the same time as each other). Limits depend on the account you sign up for, the lowest has one the rest do not for download.

step 1: pay money
step 2: get service.

...netfliz was truely a pioneer in the service for money paradigm.

You only need one account and you have every device available to you, the only requirement is for you to have that device.

When you want to watch Netflix on your PS3, 360, or Wii for the first time you have to activate that console on the Netflix website but that's a one-time thing. I know there's a limit to how many devices can be activated on any one Netflix account but it's a pretty reasonable limit. I have two 360's and two PS3's activated and I haven't hit the limit yet.

It's also worth noting that you can watch someone on the 360 and watch something else on another Netflix activated device at the same time which is pretty cool. I've had a few instances where I'm down in my room watching a movie on Netflix on a 360 and The Wife will be upstairs watching something else on the iPad at the same time and it works flawlessly.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
You only need one account and you have every device available to you, the only requirement is for you to have that device.

When you want to watch Netflix on your PS3, 360, or Wii for the first time you have to activate that console on the Netflix website but that's a one-time thing. I know there's a limit to how many devices can be activated on any one Netflix account but it's a pretty reasonable limit. I have two 360's and two PS3's activated and I haven't hit the limit yet.

It's also worth noting that you can watch someone on the 360 and watch something else on another Netflix activated device at the same time which is pretty cool. I've had a few instances where I'm down in my room watching a movie on Netflix on a 360 and The Wife will be upstairs watching something else on the iPad at the same time and it works flawlessly.

Thanx, is there a difference when watching over Wii, 360 or PS3??

Robbie2010 said:
twesterm said:

Thanx, is there a difference when watching over Wii, 360 or PS3??

Probably not. 

When I watch on the 360, the picture quality is really good but most times I will start out at full bars, within a few minutes of the movie starting go to 1-2 bars which interrupts the movie, and then five or so minutes later go back to full bars.  It's kind of annoying.  The PS3 generally looks worse to me but it changes picture quality seamlessly which is nice.

Unless I'm feeling lazy or I'm doing something on my iPad, I've started watching movies more on it.

$8 streaming of a good amount of content. Mostly older stuff but really good for kids. ($8 more if you want DVDs by mail)

You can have up to 5 'devices'. (this counts all PCs as one device, even if its 100 of them).

Quality is completely dependent on your internet connection.

Wii only does SD, while many other devices can do up to HD. My PS3 works flawlessly and always looks as better than DVD quality.

My phone on Verizon's 3G service looks a worse than DVD quality.

I've never tried it on my Wii as I have my PS3 in same room. When my Wii gets replaced by a WiiU, I'll likely put it in my kids room and then they will want Netflix on that.... but from other people use of it, I'd say it always looks about as good as a good DVD.

"The Office: Safety Training (#3.19)" (2007)
[Ryan is watching his watch while Kelly is seated on the desk in front of him talking. The rest of the office staff are seen in the background watching their conversation]
Kelly Kapoor: So then the next movie moves to the top of the queue. So number five becomes number four. Number six becomes number five. Number three becomes number two. Etcetera, etcetera. And let's just say that I just sent back Love Actually, which was awesome. And they sent me Uptown Girls, which is also awesome. But guess what? Now I want to see Love Actually again. But it's at the bottom of the queue! Oh no, what'll I do? What I do is this. I go online, I go "click, click, click," and I change the order of the queue so that I can see Love Actually as soon as I want to. It's so easy, Ryan. Do you really not know how Netflix works?
Ryan Howard: I guess I forgot.
Ryan Howard: [stands up, smiles and kisses Kelly on the forehead before collecting his winnings]
Kelly Kapoor: You're such a ditz.
Kevin Malone: Ryan, well done, two minutes, forty-two seconds. Additionally, Pam, you win ten because she said "awesome" twelve times, and Jim, you win five because she mentioned six romantic comedies.
[Pam and Jim smile in delight]

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
"The Office: Safety Training (#3.19)" (2007)
[Ryan is watching his watch while Kelly is seated on the desk in front of him talking. The rest of the office staff are seen in the background watching their conversation]
Kelly Kapoor: So then the next movie moves to the top of the queue. So number five becomes number four. Number six becomes number five. Number three becomes number two. Etcetera, etcetera. And let's just say that I just sent back Love Actually, which was awesome. And they sent me Uptown Girls, which is also awesome. But guess what? Now I want to see Love Actually again. But it's at the bottom of the queue! Oh no, what'll I do? What I do is this. I go online, I go "click, click, click," and I change the order of the queue so that I can see Love Actually as soon as I want to. It's so easy, Ryan. Do you really not know how Netflix works?
Ryan Howard: I guess I forgot.
Ryan Howard: [stands up, smiles and kisses Kelly on the forehead before collecting his winnings]
Kelly Kapoor: You're such a ditz.
Kevin Malone: Ryan, well done, two minutes, forty-two seconds. Additionally, Pam, you win ten because she said "awesome" twelve times, and Jim, you win five because she mentioned six romantic comedies.
[Pam and Jim smile in delight]

This is exactly why we need a like button or +1 or something. I wouldn't have to quote him and make everyone think a new important note was added to this thread just to say how awesome this post was.

+1, "like", lol, etc etc.

That's it. Add a "LOL" button to the forums. We'd be the first.