By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Terrorist Anders Behring Breivik Used Modern Warfare 2 as “Training-Simulation” – Kills over 90 !

Over 85 people were killed at a shooting yesterday in Oslo, Norway. The shooter – Anders Behring Breivik, opened fire at a youth camp, shortly after setting off a bomb which killed 7 at a government building.

Anders Behring Breivik has said he uses Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to train combat skills for an upcoming war with Islam, according to a 1,500 page manifesto that he wrote prior to the attacks. He has also used his addiction with World of Warcraft as a cover story for plotting the attacks. He states that Modern Warfare 2 is a great training simulator for actual operations.

“I just bought Modern Warfare 2, the game. It is probably the best military simulator out there and it’s one of the hottest games this year. … I see MW2 more as a part of my training-simulation than anything else. I’ve still learned to love it though and especially the multiplayer part is amazing. You can more or less completely simulate actual operations.”

Breivik also states he played Fallout 3, BioShock 2 and Dragon Age: Origins, however with no relations to training.

http://www.youremgn.com/1778/terrorist-anders-behring-breivik-used-modern-warfare-2-as-training-simulation-kills-over-90/

fml >_> didn't think I could hate this guy more but was I wrong or what...and dumb media will be all over this shit

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

oh and there's MORE apparently

"He would also use World of Warcraft to enter into a social isolation. He found people accepting if he told them he was "raiding a dungeon," leaving him time to both play and plot out his devastation. Players who were part of his online guild or joined in for questing suspected nothing. Some were friends for years, claiming he was, "an overall nice guy.""

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

It is kind of scary, this guy is in fact a brilliant person to come up with a plan like this one, it is only sad that then someone like him does use his gifts to end up doing something that disgusting..

While I do love the idea of blaming a crappy game like COD....I call bullshit on being an influence to commit a crime

I mean I play regularly Halo, Will I play the game as a training simulation just in case of an alien invasion.......NO!!
THE GUY IS AN IDIOT!!

You have to be mentally retarded to truly believe that that game could drive someone to do such thing, considering its sales.

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
While I do love the idea of blaming a crappy game like COD....I call bullshit on being an influence to commit a crime

I mean I play regularly Halo, Will I play the game as a training simulation just in case of an alien invasion.......NO!!
THE GUY IS AN IDIOT!!

agreed , I play kz3 MP a LOT and if I do or have the urge to do things like brutal melee in real life god help us all! lol

but nah don't think he/ or his lawyers are idiots..this is imo a way to 'try' and get a leninent verdict I think...video games influenced the mans mindset so he should be treated bs..doubt it will work but this will give a bad name to gamers in general..and is bad for the business too

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Lyrikalstylez said:

THE GUY IS AN IDIOT!!

Where did he said that?  He just said he used the game to plan this attack...

Lostplanet22 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

THE GUY IS AN IDIOT!!

true but I think his lawyers will use this to try and show video games influenced him...the WOW reference can be used for it too

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Lostplanet22 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

THE GUY IS AN IDIOT!!

does it or does it not say that he said it was quote......A Great Military Simulation game?

Anyways the guy just want to blame his problems clearly on someone else........I say fry the little lier

Lyrikalstylez said:
Lostplanet22 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

THE GUY IS AN IDIOT!!

does it or does it not say that he said it was quote......A Great Training Simulation game!!!

Yes and it probably is (think battlefield is a better training simulation game) but that does not mean he commited this attack because of that game he just used it to plan his attack.  That is like blaming a weapon for a murder...