By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game--LittleBigPlanet 2!

Tagged games:

LittleBigThoughts on LBP2

My favorite game from 2011 so far! 3 6.00%

Sackboy is the best Sony mascot! 6 12.00%

Epic edit modes FTW! 3 6.00%

It deserves better sales ... 9 18.00%

Improved on every aspect of the original. 6 12.00%

All of the above (positive) 9 18.00%

It was sadly disappointing :/ 4 8.00%

It was a decent game but ... 4 8.00%

See results. 6 12.00%

Total:50
Xxain said:
Im confused at the grading scale... is there a dedicated one? or is just random numbers?

you should really disallow .(insert number) and just stick with whole numbers as nobody really knows why the difference between a .3 or .6 example ... what the difference?

you should also use a 5 star system 5 being perfect 1 terrible.

Unless you make a dedicated scoring system this basically just looks like users throwing meaningless numbers out.

Its pretty much like the scoring system that Vgchartz reviews have, I don't understand how it's a bad scoring system. And having scores like 8.6, 9.6, ect it gives it the best average score without going into needlessly long scores.

But anyways if you've played this game make sure to give it your score! And if it makes you feel better you can do whole numbers for your score.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Xxain said:
Im confused at the grading scale... is there a dedicated one? or is just random numbers?

you should really disallow .(insert number) and just stick with whole numbers as nobody really knows why the difference between a .3 or .6 example ... what the difference?

Unless you make a dedicated scoring system this basically just looks like users throwing meaningless numbers out.

The scoreing system is pretty simple.  Its just what ever the user feels is the score they would give but it can only go one decimal point.  like 9.8 or something but not like 9.25.

Ive realized that and its kinda issue im trying to point 0ut, These rate threads dont have dedicated scoring system that everybody follows. Examole #1: I think a 6 is avergae game anything below is bad. In this gen anything below a 8 and some times even 9( for the big xxclusives) are below average. I thought on . something is if you cant xxplan it... dont use it. What the differences between a 9 and 9.1 trigger? or a live xxample from this thread 9.3 and 9.6 I wanna give LPB2 a 7 but compared to everybody else it makes it look like a I hated it

Xxain said:

Ive realized that and its kinda issue im trying to point 0ut, These rate threads dont have dedicated scoring system that everybody follows. Examole #1: I think a 6 is avergae game anything below is bad. In this gen anything below a 8 and some times even 9( for the big xxclusives) are below average. I thought on . something is if you cant xxplan it... dont use it. What the differences between a 9 and 9.1 trigger? or a live xxample from this thread 9.3 and 9.6 I wanna give LPB2 a 7 but compared to everybody else it makes it look like a I hated it

that's only one point lower than the lowest score so far

Xxain said:
BenVTrigger said:
Xxain said:

The scoreing system is pretty simple.  Its just what ever the user feels is the score they would give but it can only go one decimal point.  like 9.8 or something but not like 9.25.

Everyone's scores are based on their opinions...that's all there is to it. Just follow the rules and it's all good.

I used to have a rule where you had to use 7 as the average for a game but it was pointless because nobody really followed that rule and there was absolutely no way to enforce it.

And just saying 8 or 9 is never considered an average game by anyone except crazy people

yo_john117 said:
Xxain said:
BenVTrigger said:
Xxain said:

Everyone's scores are based on their opinions...that's all there is to it. Just follow the rules and it's all good.

I used to have a rule where you had to use 7 as the average for a game but it was pointless because nobody really followed that rule and there was absolutely no way to enforce it.

And just saying 8 or 9 is never considered an average game by anyone except crazy people

I'm guilty of that :P

I agree that no one will follow a dedicated scoring system since they'll just continue using their own 7 - 10 scoring scale.

Around the Network

Bump

9.2, in short it pretty much improves on everything about the original

I give it a solid 9.8 / 10

Improved upon the sequel in nearly every possible way. This is definitely the type of game that can be played for the rest of the generation. The amount of variety is amazing. I never manage to create anything good, but sure as heck had fun playing others levels. My only gripe with the game is the floaty controls.

9.8 - favourite game this gen. The MM levels are simply fun and the user creations are amazing!

9.7 Better than the first overall although the SP campaign was a little short I felt and didn't quite match the peaks of the first.

Much better creation tools though is where the real difference is, and here LBP2 is heaps better than LBP1.

Fantastic and still a favorite for me. I just need to find some time to create more.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...