By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 coming to 360? or fake

double post.

Around the Network
Jandre02 said:

You dont know Sony is rich as hell too right? Why do people think that Microsoft can pay their way into everything? It is exclusive, forever. Sony may have already paid them off in some way.

And as for sales, this game will be the first KNOWN AAA title for the PS3. It will have a larger install base than Gears of War with more hype. And it will sell in EVERY region. This game will hit atleast 5,000,000 lifetime. It will more than cover production costs. And dont talk about attach rates, just look at Assassins Creed (better on PS3) and COD4 (better on Xbox360 but within 5%)

hum, sorry but no. Sony is a bigger company with a bigger turn over, but it's way less profitable than MS and they have a lot less money "at disposal".

Maybe MGS5 will sell well. But you cant' be sure. With a larger install base of PS2, previous installment of MGS did barely 4 millions units. And there, you're expecting an attach rate for MGS4 that would be around 50% of PS3 install base ? A bit optimistic IMO.

And we can talk about attach rates. So, the PS3 get good attach rate on COD4 and Assassin, and even GHIII. But what other games did well ? This good results were, sadly, at the expense of the great R&C and UDF. At the same time, Xbox 360 owners also bought RockBand, Mass Effect, Madden, NFS, Halo... Attach Rate is not "per title", it is "per console".

At some point, the question is : will MGS avoid GTA ? Cause if not, even 3 millions can be a far figure for MGS.

MrPickles said:
As I said earlier in another thread linking to this EXACT SAME ARTICLE, if there was the 1-year exclusivity, it would be like RE4. Uber-hyped as a Gamecube-exclusive deity, it wound up selling several million copies. Then, about a year later (little bit less) Capcom tossed it onto the PS2, and sold a few million MORE copies (though not as many as on 'Cube). That is how it would be if the timed-exclusive was true.

Actually, the PS2 version sold better, but by about a few hundred thousand. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Cryoakira said:
Jandre02 said:

You dont know Sony is rich as hell too right? Why do people think that Microsoft can pay their way into everything? It is exclusive, forever. Sony may have already paid them off in some way.

And as for sales, this game will be the first KNOWN AAA title for the PS3. It will have a larger install base than Gears of War with more hype. And it will sell in EVERY region. This game will hit atleast 5,000,000 lifetime. It will more than cover production costs. And dont talk about attach rates, just look at Assassins Creed (better on PS3) and COD4 (better on Xbox360 but within 5%)

hum, sorry but no. Sony is a bigger company with a bigger turn over, but it's way less profitable than MS and they have a lot less money "at disposal".

Maybe MGS5 will sell well. But you cant' be sure. With a larger install base of PS2, previous installment of MGS did barely 4 millions units. And there, you're expecting an attach rate for MGS4 that would be around 50% of PS3 install base ? A bit optimistic IMO.

And we can talk about attach rates. So, the PS3 get good attach rate on COD4 and Assassin, and even GHIII. But what other games did well ? This good results were, sadly, at the expense of the great R&C and UDF. At the same time, Xbox 360 owners also bought RockBand, Mass Effect, Madden, NFS, Halo... Attach Rate is not "per title", it is "per console".

At some point, the question is : will MGS avoid GTA ? Cause if not, even 3 millions can be a far figure for MGS.

Once again, why does everyone assume that Microsoft is just going to spend all of its money on the Xbox360? Sure they have lots of money, but do you think they will spend 100 million just to get a timed exclusive? Sony will battle them for it, because this matters more to Sony than Microsoft.
And aren't you contradicting yourself a little bit? So your saying MGS4 wont sell well because of GTA4 being released at the same time, yet COD4 and Assassins Creed being released at the same time did have good results?  Hmm I dont know about that, actually I think both will sell well.
The point of bringing up COD4 and Assassins Creed was to show that the PS3 is capable of high attach rates as well. Just because Sony hypes up a game doesnt mean that consumers want it.

""

MrPickles

(01/02/08, 13:48)
As I said earlier in another thread linking to this EXACT SAME ARTICLE, if there was the 1-year exclusivity, it would be like RE4. Uber-hyped as a Gamecube-exclusive deity, it wound up selling several million copies. Then, about a year later (little bit less) Capcom tossed it onto the PS2, and sold a few million MORE copies (though not as many as on 'Cube). That is how it would be if the timed-exclusive was true.

""

==> but the Xbox360 is not the PS2

it is finishing the year behind the PS3 in term of sale rate

I bet the GC NEVER succeeded to outsell the PS2 during his whole life

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=All&cons3=GC&reg3=All&weeks=400&weekly=1

I m right

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:

""

MrPickles

(01/02/08, 13:48)

""

==> but the Xbox360 is not the PS2

it is finishing the year behind the PS3 in term of sale rate

I bet the GC NEVER succeeded to outsell the PS2 during his whole life

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=All&cons3=GC&reg3=All&weeks=400&weekly=1

I m right

Hardware is not the only indicator of userbase. Software sales matter as well, and in that case, the PS3 is really behind. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

hello

Firstable I own a PS3 and I haven't to plan a 360.

For me there are no reason why Metal gear solid could not be on X360.

there will be approximatively 30 millions X360 + PS3 when MGS4 will be release, If I was Konami COE why would I exclu so many possible costumers?

But, I think  more and more game will be developpe on PS3 first, and I think ps3 not exclu game will be better quality than 360 (graphics, framerate)

If MGS4 does actually come to the 360, I doubt we will see any announcment from Konami until after the PS3 version launches. Until we hear from the horse's mouth though, it's just a rumor.

As to whoever said that MGS4 was going to sell 5 million, I don't think it will get close. MGS3 sold bearly over half of what MGS2 sold and there were many more PS2s in the market at the time. MGS3 was even supposed to be a better game (never played it myself). I think MGS4 will sell well, but not over 1.5 million.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Jandre02 said:
Cryoakira said:
Jandre02 said:

Once again, why does everyone assume that Microsoft is just going to spend all of its money on the Xbox360? Sure they have lots of money, but do you think they will spend 100 million just to get a timed exclusive? Sony will battle them for it, because this matters more to Sony than Microsoft.
And aren't you contradicting yourself a little bit? So your saying MGS4 wont sell well because of GTA4 being released at the same time, yet COD4 and Assassins Creed being released at the same time did have good results?  Hmm I dont know about that, actually I think both will sell well.
The point of bringing up COD4 and Assassins Creed was to show that the PS3 is capable of high attach rates as well. Just because Sony hypes up a game doesnt mean that consumers want it.

Well first, Sony do spend money for time exclusive (like Haze for instance) so I assume MS is able to do so, but in the case of MGS, I'm not sure they need to. The budget of the game is very high and I think Konami will, by themselves, try to get a max of money.

Concerning "attach rate", it's not a matter of contradiction but of the PS3 potential market. AC, CoD and GHIII did very well (in percentage) but at the expense of other PS3 titles.  These 3 heavy hitters that monopolyzed most of the PS3 games sales reach 1,5 millions units, and left nothing but crumbles to other games.

Now, when GTA come out, it will surely by itself go way beyong those 1,5 millions units (especially with a larger install base), and once again, there will be crumble for others. And those others better not be MGS, because no offense, but if players must choose between the two games, I think MGS don't stand a chance.

As I said, some PS3 games can have good attach rate, but the tie ratio for the console doesn't seems that high yet , that it can "absorb" two titles this big at the same time.

Jandre02 said:
Cryoakira said:
Jandre02 said:

And as for sales, this game will be the first KNOWN AAA title for the PS3. It will have a larger install base than Gears of War with more hype. And it will sell in EVERY region. This game will hit atleast 5,000,000 lifetime. It will more than cover production costs. And dont talk about attach rates, just look at Assassins Creed (better on PS3) and COD4 (better on Xbox360 but within 5%)

And aren't you contradicting yourself a little bit? So your saying MGS4 wont sell well because of GTA4 being released at the same time, yet COD4 and Assassins Creed being released at the same time did have good results? Hmm I dont know about that, actually I think both will sell well.

1) It's a little weird that you claim that microsoft can't spend "all their money" on the 360 and Sony can for the PS3. Sony has their fingers dipped into too many jars, look at the stuff they do, way more than microsoft. The reason why the MGS4 myth won't die isn't Sony hasn't "Bought exclusivity" flat out in a legal contract, they may have some other binding contracts or "tokens of good will" but nothing concrete. I'm sure if MS pony-ed up the dough, it could get MGS4 easily. 

2) It's not known to be a AAA title, that's a load. Every series has a slump (MGS2, DMC2, FFXII, Every Dynasty Warriors after 4 etc), that's not to say that I think MGS4 will be bad, I'm just saying it's not possible to know quality without seeing the finished product. To say it's a KNOWN AAA title even though there has never been a game series to produce consistent AAA titles (Not even GTA, Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, MGS, Metroid have done it).

3) I didn't say anything about attach rates. That one was a easy rebuttal :)

4) It may very well sell more then 5 million in it's life-time, but will Konami wait for it to? Costs are in the present, they aren't in the future where they get billed over a period of time, it may very well cover production costs (which you don't even know what are so why you said they will is pretty weird), but if it doesn't cover costs in the immediate future, what is Konami going to do? Sit and twiddle their thumbs while they have a huge hole in their pockets?

5) Assassin's Creed didn't sell more on the PS3 then the 360. As for Call of Duty's attach rates, you are comparing 16 million consoles to 8 million, percentages are a good way of making a bad situation favourable (not saying the PS3 situation is bad, it was in generalities).  

6) MGS4 and GTAIV will both sell well on simultaneous release, but if you want raw figures (rather then the more favourable attach rate), the consistently higher selling franchise WITH 2 consoles to sell on will definitely outshine the other easily.