By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What did you take in college, and what did you go for?

Tagged games:

St. Joseph's University, went for International Relations, taking International Relations, and quite enjoying it

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I'm in geological engineering.

In undergrad I went for a double major in computer science and math. I partied a little too hard my freshmen year and didn't really try my sophomore and junior year which led me to taking two senior years (the second one I call my victory lap) so I didn't end up getting the math major. I had the credits for a math minor...I just never got around to declaring it.

While there, I also ended up taking a lot of medieval studies classes and I was something like a credit away from getting a minor in that.

In grad level school, I went to school for level design since the whole programming thing didn't work out...

Majoring in Biology (though I might change to Biochemistry) and minoring in Business. Hoping to get into the medical field.

Edit: At the University of Washington that is.

Liberal Arts at University of Waterloo (Canada)

Basically that's just an art major with no specialty. I'll probably get minors in history and Russian/Eastern European studies.

I'm going into 2nd year in September.

Around the Network

Business & Finance .. and college is different in the UK I assume, you go for exactly what you want and get in, don't have to switch course due to grades 0_o

Looks like I am the odd man out here since everyone seems to have chosen useful and lucrative majors. I just finished English and Psychology double major. That is the bad news. Fortunately, the good news is that I don't have debt to worry about and I am still in a position to get a graduate degree in something that will actually pay bills. 

Currently majoring in computer science. I just want to get my masters and network myself into working for MS or something lol.

A BSc in Astrophysics for me. I just got a Higher diploma in Applied physics last year and now I am doing a PHD.

I'm doing Physics at Cam.

Intense course and it feels like you have no time off because you work Saturdays. Not actually worth it.