By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii owners continue to fund Ubisoft's HD games

How do you feel about the way Ubisoft does business?

Smart move, Ubisoft. 28 19.31%

I would do the same, if I were in charge. 19 13.10%

Love you, Ubisoft! 7 4.83%

Suck it up, Nintendrones! 24 16.55%

Ubisoft: "Wii screw U." 67 46.21%

Total:145
Cirio said:
o_O.Q said:
RolStoppable said:
o_O.Q said:
RolStoppable said:

I mean the games Ubisoft is proud of, their real games. Not sloppy ports, but games that are just as good as the best they put on Microsoft and Sony home consoles.

you mean games like assassin's creed that nintendo's console can't even run anyway? btw who says they aren't proud of just dance? that guy you posted sounds pretty proud of it to me

Games like Assassin's Creed that the Wii U can most definitely run. I don't see them coming to Nintendo's HD console, I already said that in the original post.

I doubt that they are proud of Just Dance. Sure, they are happy that its sales allow them to make more HD games, but proud? No, I don't think so.

ubisoft is making an exclusive assassin's creed for wii u :

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/18/assassins-creed-wii-u-title-isnt-revelations/

in addition to a brand new ip exclusive to wii u

http://www.killerfreaks.com/

yup ubisoft does nothing but screw over nintendo gamers... 

Didn't they just cancel Assassin's Creed 3DS?

yeah but we're talking about the wii u not the 3ds

Around the Network

You find joy in this Rol?

RolStoppable said:
Jay520 said:
You find joy in this Rol?

You don't?

I'd rather not say

RolStoppable said:
o_O.Q said:
RolStoppable said:

So there's no eight Wii third party games that can compete with the best the PS2 got?

Previously you said that the Wii, just like the PS2, got good and bad third party games. Remember, in the first place I said that third parties decided against putting good games on the Wii and you loled at that. Now you've already conceded that the Wii's hardware didn't prevent good games being made for the platform, so the only way their absence can be explained is that it was a deliberate decision by third parties to not put good games on the Wii which is exactly what I said.

Eight isn't a big number, the Wii had probably more than 1,000 third party titles released for it. But if you struggle to come up with that amount of games, then it can only mean that I was right.

fine no more heroes 1 and 2, the conduit 1 and 2, CoD black ops, de blob, golden eye and red steel 2 were good games 

You know, you could have just left the thread, if you didn't want to admit that you are wrong.

These games you mentioned... yeah, they are just as good as the best the PS2 had to offer. You crack me up. The PS2 must have sucked pretty hard then.

But seriously, is being right so important to you that you don't even shy away from backstabbing the PlayStation 2? Is "winning" an argument against me worth a sacrifice of this level? Don't get me wrong, I feel honored the way this turned out, but I am constantly at risk to think way too highly of myself and this right here certainly doesn't help the cause of keeping myself grounded in reality.

i didn't say that they are just as good as what the ps2 had to offer just that they were good games i could easily make the claim that the ps3 now doesn't have third party games that are as good as games like san andreas and metal gear 3 were in their time....thats why this was flawed from the very beginning...  in fact imo as i said before the ps2 has the best third party line up of any console so far... but the ps2 having a better line up doesn't automatically mean that the wii's third party line up was crap... but apparently you disagree

edit : btw backstabbing? lol you take this console war thing way to seriously mate 

o_O.Q said:
RolStoppable said:
o_O.Q said:
RolStoppable said:

I mean the games Ubisoft is proud of, their real games. Not sloppy ports, but games that are just as good as the best they put on Microsoft and Sony home consoles.

you mean games like assassin's creed that nintendo's console can't even run anyway? btw who says they aren't proud of just dance? that guy you posted sounds pretty proud of it to me

Games like Assassin's Creed that the Wii U can most definitely run. I don't see them coming to Nintendo's HD console, I already said that in the original post.

I doubt that they are proud of Just Dance. Sure, they are happy that its sales allow them to make more HD games, but proud? No, I don't think so.

I wonder if those games will get canned some day :/

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
o_O.Q said:

i didn't say that they are just as good as what the ps2 had to offer just that they were good games i could easily make the claim that the ps3 now doesn't have third party games that are as good as games like san andreas and metal gear 3 were in their time....thats why this was flawed from the very beginning...  in fact imo as i said before the ps2 has the best third party line up of any console so far... but the ps2 having a better line up doesn't automatically mean that the wii's third party line up was crap... but apparently you disagree

My question was very clearly worded, so I don't think there was any room for misinterpretation, especially because I asked it twice. And yes, I disagree on the notion that the Wii's third party lineup is good. There are a few decent games here and there, but in relation to the size of the userbase the amount of quality third party support has been abysmal, hence why this thread exists in the first place.

Agreed. I wish their were more quality 3rd party games like Mh3... >.<

Linkasf said:
o_O.Q said:
RolStoppable said:
o_O.Q said:
RolStoppable said:

I wonder if those games will get canned some day :/

might happen but i doubt it i think they 'll both be launch titles 

RolStoppable said:
o_O.Q said:

My question was very clearly worded, so I don't think there was any room for misinterpretation, especially because I asked it twice. And yes, I disagree on the notion that the Wii's third party lineup is good. There are a few decent games here and there, but in relation to the size of the userbase the amount of quality third party support has been abysmal, hence why this thread exists in the first place.

first off i never said that the wii had better support or games than the ps2 so the question from the beginning was flawed and irrelevant all i ever said is that third parties haven't ignored the wii to the point where a claim like third parties are screwing wii gamers is justified

furthermore the third parties have given their reasons for why support hasn't been as good as on HD consoles... for any gamer who wants to play the HD third party games... theres always the option of actually buying the console

o_O.Q said:
Mad55 said:
@o_O.Q your trippin if you think 3rd party developers put as much effort into the wii as the ps3 or 360.

didn't say that but nintendo didn't provide them with the adequate tools to make their games as they wanted so what were they supposed to do? make simpler games to run on wii and make the more complex games for the consoles that can run them that way you get games on all the platforms.... regardless of whether people want to accept it or not games like skyrim or arhkam city or battlefield 3 etc would not run on the wii from the standpoint of power and also because the control itself is lacking for certain types of games therefore different games are made to run on the wii 

They dont need any thing more than what nintendo used to make twilight princess or super mario galaxy for the wii. Im positive with a dedicated enough team a game similar to arkham city could be made. Sure the graphics wouldnt be up to par but theres more needed than that to make a good game( never said you said that though). Nobody asked for skyrim to run on Wii but asking for a game just as good is possible but isnt getting done by anyone besides nintendo for the wii. Though monster hunter tri is incredible and id put that against any third party developed game for 360/ps3.

So HD games can't pay for themselves?