By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Wii killing controller in 2008?

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15364/Microsoft-Cooking-Up-an-Enhanced-Xbox-360-Controller/

Around the Network
eugene said:
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15364/Microsoft-Cooking-Up-an-Enhanced-Xbox-360-Controller/

I suspect this will be about as popular as the Super Scope 6 or Eye Toy ...

It just doesn't matter. Wii has all the mainstream momentum now.

The people need some time to get an idea into their heads. The Wii is now a household name. People know what it is, and they want it.

Microsoft could release f*****g VR right now and it still would be crushed by the Wii.

Isn't it a little bit too late into the game to start changing controls now? Unless they start offering it for free, I doubt that many people are going to come out and buy it.

Eugene your great man just when i think my 360 kinda crappy you find news that put smile on my face

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

Around the Network

It's to late this gen to make a new controller on the 360. Maybe next gen on the X720 or whatever.

My Mains in Brawl

That fact that it's not actually part of the current 360 interface and that even if it is the new 360 standard and comes boxed they're missing 16 million+ of the existing userbase with it guarantees it's not going to "kill" the Wiimote ever.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I've said it before and I will say it again. This is not an attempt by MS to pull some of the thunder from the Wii. It is more about working out the bugs of a new controller based on motion sensing so that they can use it as the default controller for their next system.

Timeing would be a problem for this system, but let's say they were ready in 6 months... They could have it standard for new systems, and have a Wii-play like pack-in for existing systems.... `That would get it out to existing users quickly without the expense of giving it away, and they would be able to tell what % of users pick it up...

As has been stated, more likely for next gen console... but that probably depends how long Microsoft plans to keep the 360... If they don't want to change that core hardware for 5+ years from now, they may be better off getting a new controller sooner.

Microsoft is a little to late for this add-on for the Xbox 360. I hope its for their next console, like a prototype.