By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why you need a 3DS now! (And why you should wait)

3D doesn't work for me TT

Will get around to buying my first game for it next year, or this year if Mario Kart comes out.

Around the Network

Until the 3D screen gets bigger. The screen is a bit too small. Makes me squint more than I have to.

I'm glad we agree. I flippin love my 3ds.

By the way if you're interested my friend code is: 2836 - 0088 -1670

koyotecat said:

Welcome, Ambrose!

d21lewis said:
koyotecat said:

Welcome, Ambrose!

Sweet. You're officially the first person on my friend list. 

Around the Network
dany612 said:
Until the 3D screen gets bigger. The screen is a bit too small. Makes me squint more than I have to.

If you have to squint, you need to get glasses.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
dany612 said:

If you have to squint, you need to get glasses.

<----Do you not see my glasses? lol

Totally agree.

I bought the 3DS on launch day but I soon started to regret my purchase. But with the launch of the eShop (ExciteBike, Pokedex, videos) and the ability to move your DSi games over it started to get interesting again. I also had a spare 1000 points card and purchased some DSiWare games to play on the 3DS.

And just yesterday we came back from a week long trip to Berlin. I met more than half a dozen people via street pass. It's really cool. Berlin is crowded with asian people wearing cat ears, apparently

padib said:
oniyide said:
im taking a wait and see approach, will still get sooner or later but the PSV has just blown me away and at that price, i might get that first instead. IMHO i dont see the great thing about the 3d, i played SSF4 and it wasnt all that in 3d, then played pilotwings, which to my surprise is much better than i thought and the 3d effect is better but still not blown away, just played Nintendogs and my god the 3d was bad, it wasnt even 3d it was like those xmen hologram cards that came out in the 90s is there a game that has great 3d, cause ive yet to play one, still liking the system

Easy remedy:

1) Get your hands on a copy of OOT 3D. As you're enjoying the game, play around with the depth slider (especially in dungeons). Realize the depth improvement with versus without.

2) Watch the Kid Icarus e3 trailer that you can download on the device.

3) Watch the Green Lantern trailer in 3D, free dl.

Tada! You're healed. Now you'll want a 3DS and a Vita!

problem with that is im not gonna spend 250 on a system that MIGHT turn out awesome, last time i did that was for Wii n that turned out to be my least favorite console, people told me 2 try pilotwings n how great that was n i was still not blown away. Dont misunderstand, i want both its just for now Vita looks better n 3DS is on the backburner, for now

3DS 2D hahaha. I'm getting Vita at launch then 3DS when Kingdom hearts is released (price drop by then)

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo