By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think the future of this thread should be

Comparing Third Party Series 21 36.21%

Comparing Third Party Games 16 27.59%

Locked 20 34.48%

Total:57

Man I've got to play MGS4 again. I wish it had trophies, why Konami?!

Around the Network

Shit 223 to 156. God of War 3 has a lot of Sony fanboys

Aldro said:
SqueakySamurai said:

Look at this face. Snake getting teary-eyed at his father's death has made me more sad than anything. This is a face that shows struggle, sadness, despair, and a true man, letting his emotions show.

And also the song at the same time.

If GOW could have even half the amount of emotion in this one image , then it would be one of the best games ever. MGS4 deserves to win. That's just it. But nothing can beat a blood-filled-graphical-beast-titties-galore fest. Apparently

I cried a bit. You are right man. MGS4 is the best game I've played by miles.

Never have I been touched by a video game as much as MGS4. It's fucking crazy, I pity the people who didn't play through it. Solid Snake will always be associated with the greatest character in gaming for me.

Both games are absolutely fantastic.  As I wrote before, the 2 are the best games I have ever played.   Each of them makes enphasis on diferent things.

If you really want to cry you have to hear the song of the credits man.  I really hope Kojima makes something about snake in order to have him in more games.  Here is video mix of MGS4 with the music of the end:  http://www.youtube.com/embed/putQPJUEYfY

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/putQPJUEYfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: How can I put a video correctly?? lol

I voted for God of War III because it's a stunning game, whilst MGS4 imo sucked. It was incredibly boring, the story was an incoherent mess of drab nonsense, the gameplay was boring, the soundtrack is completely forgettable, Snake is the most uninteresting characters I've witnessed in a game and almost as generic as Nathan Drake, finally the graphics/art style were both unimpressive and miserable. It was the first and last Metal Gear game I'll ever play.

KratosGodKiller said:
I voted for God of War III because it's a stunning game, whilst MGS4 imo sucked. It was incredibly boring, the story was an incoherent mess of drab nonsense, the gameplay was boring, the soundtrack is completely forgettable, Snake is the most uninteresting characters I've witnessed in a game and almost as generic as Nathan Drake, finally the graphics/art style were both unimpressive and miserable. It was the first and last Metal Gear game I'll ever play.

Even though we have the same character as avatar I have to tell you that MGS4 is one of the best games this generation.     The game is really epic, the gameplay/graphics/music => TERRIFIC.

On the other side I agree with you that Drake is a bit generic and lame character :D.   That is why I wasnt surprised that GOWIII defeated U2.   But what is happening now is completely different.   Snake is badass, and is an icon of modern gaming.

To be honest with you I voted for GOWIII becuase I thought MGS4 would crush it into dust, but it looks like I was wrong.     I would have voted the other way around if I knew, what i know now. GO SNAKE!!! (if you are gonna be second, I really hope it is by a small margin).

BOTH GAMES DESERVE FIRST PLACE!!

Around the Network
pezus said:
GoW3 79 votes ahead...wow!

80 now. But it's not that bad. God of War 3 has aout 59% of the sales. I thought it would die after what it did to Uncharted 2.

dsage01 said:
pezus said:

80 now. But it's not that bad. God of War 3 has aout 59% of the sales. I thought it would die after what it did to Uncharted 2.

I told you already earlier in the thread - it's not about the size of the retail sales but the dedicated fanbase.  A game with 20 million sales and only 10 people willing to bother voting for it would lose out to a game with 20 sales and 20 people willing to bother voting for it.

Votes like yours are tests of active fanbase - which is fine - nothing else.  As I noted earlier it was obvious early on that MGS4 and GoW3 would end up in the finals.  TBH if you hadn't sneakily manouvered Uncharted 2 up against GoW3 and given Reach a second life to try and avoid the obvious result Uncharted 2 would undoubtably been in third as it clearly has probably the third most active support base behind GoW3 and MGS4.

Funny to see how civilized the whole thing seems between the finalists.  Now if you'd managed to get Reach into the final vs a Sony exclusive no doubt sparks would be flying!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

dsage01 said:
pezus said:

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

Is doing the exact same  fu$%ing thing over and over again, expecting sh!t to change

Is when God of War III wins over Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for so many votes.

Reasonable said:
dsage01 said:
pezus said:

I told you already earlier in the thread - it's not about the size of the retail sales but the dedicated fanbase.  A game with 20 million sales and only 10 people willing to bother voting for it would lose out to a game with 20 sales and 20 people willing to bother voting for it.

Votes like yours are tests of active fanbase - which is fine - nothing else.  As I noted earlier it was obvious early on that MGS4 and GoW3 would end up in the finals.  TBH if you hadn't sneakily manouvered Uncharted 2 up against GoW3 and given Reach a second life to try and avoid the obvious result Uncharted 2 would undoubtably been in third as it clearly has probably the third most active support base behind GoW3 and MGS4.

Funny to see how civilized the whole thing seems between the finalists.  Now if you'd managed to get Reach into the final vs a Sony exclusive no doubt sparks would be flying!

so you saying if gear of war sold more than god of war but god of war has better fanbase and more ppl like it?????

PS3 exclusives final, awesome! Metal Gear 4 of course : Old Snake is damn cool, scenario is fantastic, graphics unbeatable...