By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think the future of this thread should be

Comparing Third Party Series 21 36.21%

Comparing Third Party Games 16 27.59%

Locked 20 34.48%

Total:57
Ajescent said:
Uncharted and GoW? which one are we counting as a 360 game because of a tenious link? I guess it could be GoW becuase it shares the same abbreviation as Gears...ma right?

No it's PS3 vs PS3 games just like VC vs GT5.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
mantlepiecek said:

MGS 4.

Halo 3 imo was a normal (generic) fps. Nothing special, the story was told in a boring way but the music was good. Everyone went nuts over the mp and to me even the mp felt very simple.

MGS4 on the other hand was the exact opposite. Tons of gadgets so many ways to complete a section, the suit and the complex stealth, boss battles that imo are unmatched in terms of AI except for maybe Demon's Souls. And the music. The only negative was the online which I couldn't even try after wasting 2 hours to download a patch.

what was wrong with the online?

MG online didn't work for me when I tried, it kept saying searching for servers. And I waited for a long time...like 1/2 hour. Similar to GeoW 2.

I'm going to vote for Uncharted 2 on this one. Reason because while playing through GoW3 I realize not only how badass Kratos is but, I ended up hating him more. Kratos is just murdering people without a care in the world. That is my only reason.

btw, no contest! best boss fight ever!

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Holy shit God of War 3 winning! Wow I was stupid I couldn't decide between the two but then I wrote my review comparing the basics and found out that Uncharted 2 had won just barely. But then I voted for God of War 3 and found out that it was already winning! Gosh that was pretty stupid

mantlepiecek said:
dsage01 said:
mantlepiecek said:

MGS 4.

Halo 3 imo was a normal (generic) fps. Nothing special, the story was told in a boring way but the music was good. Everyone went nuts over the mp and to me even the mp felt very simple.

MGS4 on the other hand was the exact opposite. Tons of gadgets so many ways to complete a section, the suit and the complex stealth, boss battles that imo are unmatched in terms of AI except for maybe Demon's Souls. And the music. The only negative was the online which I couldn't even try after wasting 2 hours to download a patch.

what was wrong with the online?

MG online didn't work for me when I tried, it kept saying searching for servers. And I waited for a long time...like 1/2 hour. Similar to GeoW 2.

That's weird it worked fine for me

Around the Network

Both awesome near flawless games.

The only problem I had with Uncharted 2 was the silly end boss fight, the rest of the game was top notch. The collapsing building, train level and the Himalayan village were beyond all my expectations.

GoW3 was amazing throughout, but I had just played through the equally great GoW hd collection and apart from the graphics there wasn't a lot of innovation. Not that it needed it, it was great from start to finish. Fun puzzles, giant boss fights, great consistently beautiful artwork throughout.

Hard to choose. I'll go with Uncharted 2 since I replayed it's campaign one more time then GoW3. Now I feel like replaying both again.

I really enjoyed God of War 3 but I must say Uncharted 2 wins out pretty easily for me.

Both have among the best home console graphics out there. GoW's sense of scale is truly epic and the character detail is stunning. However the graphics in Uncharted 2 are just more polished to me and run smoother to boot (love the animation).

If you compare the writing, and especially, the voice acting, Uncharted wins hands down. All of the actors in U2 are top-notch, while GoW shines with some characters (Hephaestus and Hermes are among my favorites), but many others, like Kratos himself, are poor IMO (liked his voice acting just fine in the other games, just not part 3), and some are truly pathetic, such as Hades.

GoW3 starts out stronger though (the first level is a perfect 10!), while U2 didn't really start to blow me away until Borneo, but after that U2 never disappointed me (the last battle is a little weak, though), while GoW ranges from excellent (the Helios and Cronos levels especially) to a bit mundane.

Overall Uncharted 2 is just more interesting, has better control and is a more polished experience. God of War 3 is a great game while Uncharted 2 is truly a rare gem.

dsage01 said:
brendude13 said:
Michael-5 said:
Halo 3

To put it simply, Halo 3 has a more interesting story (to me), more polished gameplay, and an addictive online multiplayer which extends the games life by years. MGS4 IMO is an over-rated, short single player game. It relies heavily on CG to tell a complicated, and often silly, plot, and it doesn't have much replay value. MGS4 is probably one of the best MGS's, but the franchise in general is over rated.

Hahahaha...WOW.

^Ikr! but lol it's his choice. And as long as he played the game even if he didn't finish it it's fine

Well I beat MGS1 and 2, and I just don't like the type of story. MGS is basically a conspiracy theory game, with some dinosaurs with nukes. They are also not much game, and a lot of cinematic (beat MGS2 in 80 minutes on my second try by skipping the cinematics, but the game is a 10 hour game with them).

I'm just not a fan of conspiracy games. Just like "The Matrix" they are too silly for me. Halo is sci-fi shooter, it's not suppose to be realistic at all, just fun as hell, and it is.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
dsage01 said:
Michael-5 said:
Halo 3

To put it simply, Halo 3 has a more interesting story (to me), more polished gameplay, and an addictive online multiplayer which extends the games life by years. MGS4 IMO is an over-rated, short single player game. It relies heavily on CG to tell a complicated, and often silly, plot, and it doesn't have much replay value. MGS4 is probably one of the best MGS's, but the franchise in general is over rated.

short story? What? Silly plot? Dude you have not played the game.

I only beat act 1, but I beat MGS1 and 2 before, and MGS4 felt largely the same. The idea of nuclear warhead dinosaur shaped robots as ultimate weapons of destruction is just insane, so are most of the boss battles (a vampire in MGS2, which survives a headshot? common), and generally the plot involves a silly twist on who actually controls the USA, and world powers.

MGS4 a short game? Relies on CG? Doesn't have much replay value? All that and you only finished act 1...wow

I beat other MGS games (1 and 2), and MGS4 follows the same scheme. Even act 1 had more CG then game, I can only imagine how act 5 is. However I have seen my friend play some of the sillier moments of the game (Metal Gear Rex vs. Ray Boss fight, etc)

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Anyway, onto this vote: Uncharted 2

No contest. Uncharted 2 had one of the best plots in a shooter I have ever seen, and Nathan Drake is funny. You rarely see a funny protagonist in a major shooter, usually your character is serious or mute. Great graphics, amazing pacing compared to the first, and well any other game. This is one of the rare games you can pick up, and have to force yourself to put down. Also at 10 hours long, it's longer then GoW, and with multiplayer, there is some replay.

Not a fan of God of War, at least not the console iterations. They strike me as a game purely about violence, there is little plot and well other then some very scripted boss fights, this game doesn't appeal to me at all.