By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think the future of this thread should be

Comparing Third Party Series 21 36.21%

Comparing Third Party Games 16 27.59%

Locked 20 34.48%

Total:57

yup, the servers reaches their limits sometimes. today there is still tournaments and survival matches. +600 hours and rising. Oh and the sound tracks rocks in sneaking mission mode. (one player plays as snake, the other as MK2. 2 others from opposing teams get to play as a unique character from the single player campaign. the team that kills snake a certain number of times wins!) epic MGS4

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Wow MGS4 is crushing Halo 3 30-16. Oh damn Sony domination returns.

dsage01 said:

you dont seen really surpise when mgs4 beating halo3 but why does VC beat GT5 surpise you?????

kickazz113 said:
dsage01 said:

you dont seen really surpise when mgs4 beating halo3 but why does VC beat GT5 surpise you?????

Oh gosh how many times do we have to explain this to you.

Halo 3

To put it simply, Halo 3 has a more interesting story (to me), more polished gameplay, and an addictive online multiplayer which extends the games life by years. MGS4 IMO is an over-rated, short single player game. It relies heavily on CG to tell a complicated, and often silly, plot, and it doesn't have much replay value. MGS4 is probably one of the best MGS's, but the franchise in general is over rated.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Halo 3

To put it simply, Halo 3 has a more interesting story (to me), more polished gameplay, and an addictive online multiplayer which extends the games life by years. MGS4 IMO is an over-rated, short single player game. It relies heavily on CG to tell a complicated, and often silly, plot, and it doesn't have much replay value. MGS4 is probably one of the best MGS's, but the franchise in general is over rated.

short story? What? Silly plot? Dude you have not played the game.

dsage01 said:
Michael-5 said:
Halo 3

short story? What? Silly plot? Dude you have not played the game.

I only beat act 1, but I beat MGS1 and 2 before, and MGS4 felt largely the same. The idea of nuclear warhead dinosaur shaped robots as ultimate weapons of destruction is just insane, so are most of the boss battles (a vampire in MGS2, which survives a headshot? common), and generally the plot involves a silly twist on who actually controls the USA, and world powers.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

This is the hardest choice I've made in this thread. Anyways Halo 3 had an epic online mode and a great single player mode too. Metal Gear Solid 4 is also the same. When you compare the online modes the award goes to Halo 3. But hats off to kojima for making the MP so new, fine and polished. Halo 3 barely won that part. But when it comes to campaign MGS4 just steals the show. I was almost crying at the end of the game because it was just so epic. Halo 3's story was good but you can't compare it with the epic Metal Gear Solid 4.

Vote: Metal Gear Solid 4

MGS 4.

Halo 3 imo was a normal (generic) fps. Nothing special, the story was told in a boring way but the music was good. Everyone went nuts over the mp and to me even the mp felt very simple.

MGS4 on the other hand was the exact opposite. Tons of gadgets so many ways to complete a section, the suit and the complex stealth, boss battles that imo are unmatched in terms of AI except for maybe Demon's Souls. And the music. The only negative was the online which I couldn't even try after wasting 2 hours to download a patch.

mantlepiecek said:

MGS 4.

Halo 3 imo was a normal (generic) fps. Nothing special, the story was told in a boring way but the music was good. Everyone went nuts over the mp and to me even the mp felt very simple.

MGS4 on the other hand was the exact opposite. Tons of gadgets so many ways to complete a section, the suit and the complex stealth, boss battles that imo are unmatched in terms of AI except for maybe Demon's Souls. And the music. The only negative was the online which I couldn't even try after wasting 2 hours to download a patch.

what was wrong with the online?