Locked 20 34.48%

Total:57
CGI-Quality said:
adriane23 said:
CGI-Quality said:
adriane23 said:
CGI-Quality said:
adriane23 said:
I chose God of War. Just for the fact that it spawned more clones of itself than Gears did.

I argue against that, actually. Many games have incorporated a cover system reminiscent of the Gears-style cover system (yes, I'm aware Kill.switch had one first).

They both have their clones, but I'd say Gears has a good deal more (Dark Void, Quantum Theory, MindJack, & Inversion) are just a few that come to mind.

Those games aren't complete ripoffs of Gears though and MindJack is actually an illusion of a game. Games like Dante's Inferno and Green Lantern are basically God of War starring other characters.

Yes, but very few games are like God of War though. Gears has many more titles with some type of ripoff or inpsiration of it's playstyles in some way.

Even then God of War inspired more games and playstyles. Look at all the games that have QTEs now. Even Kingdom Hearts 2 implemented QTEs.

The games I've played that play like GOW: Dante's Inferno, Green  Lantern, Darksiders, Conan, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Heavenly Sword, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Lord of the Rings: Two Towers, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Brutal Legends (with some RTS and free-roaming thrown in).

I'm pretty sure QTEs were around before God of War. I can agree to disagree though, because I just don't think too many games are like God of War (and I've played just about all the titles you mentioned).

Yeah, I think the first one was Dragon's Lair waaaay back in the day, but God of War in my opinion caused the explosion of QTE implentation seen in the last 6 years.

I will also agree to disagree. But next time it's your ass......

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
SqueakySamurai said:
MGS4 Vs Mass Effect 2 and Heavy Rain Vs Halo Reach are going to be close.
Also, Halo Reach is on round 2 twice.

yeah I know. I gave Reach 2 lives cause less 360 games. And I got Mass Effect 2 in as well

Okay it's Halo Reach vs GT5 now.

I restarted the poll so you might want to vote again.

Maybe just for me but I have so funny time with GT5 than Reach... if the polls was GT5 x Halo 3 the history could be different.

GT5 is one of the game I more liked this gen.

Around the Network

Okay these are two both signature franchises on both the 360 and PS3. I honestly prefer shooters over racing games but GT is just different. And Halo Reach is much different from the standard FPS. While GT remains the king of racing games Halo is no longer the king of FPS in terms of sales. Now if we compare gameplay I'm gonna have to give this to Reach. The online for both games are spectacular. In both there are over an estimated of 120k people still playing both games online. GT5 had great gameplay but Halo actually had a story and the online was simply great. Although GT5 came close. In visuals it's easily GT5. The visuals are sometimes unbalanced but other than that and the 2d trees it looks great. So GT5 easily takes this one. But when it comes down to overall mechanics features e.t.c GT5 wins. There is just so much do to in GT5. And it is easily the best simulator of all time. So therefore GT5 wins. Although this was the hardest decisions I had to make in this thread.

Today I took out GT5 from my PS3 for the last time... I have zero desire to ever play it again, because it struggles to capture what made GT3 so special for me.

I remember cruising around Monaco in GT3 to the awesome tunes of Feeder. It was a stunning experience, but the pop-in, flickering and chugging of the game engine take away SO much from GT5. What I do like about GT5 is that the cars really feel like they are reacting to the track in the right way, but this strength of the game is hidden in a clatter of menus and structured in such a way that there isn't much incentive for me to keep playing.

Definitely Reach.

GT5 easily. Reach was an upgrade from 3, but a joke to GT5

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Dr.Grass said:
Today I took out GT5 from my PS3 for the last time... I have zero desire to ever play it again, because it struggles to capture what made GT3 so special for me.

I remember cruising around Monaco in GT3 to the awesome tunes of Feeder. It was a stunning experience, but the pop-in, flickering and chugging of the game engine take away SO much from GT5. What I do like about GT5 is that the cars really feel like they are reacting to the track in the right way, but this strength of the game is hidden in a clatter of menus and structured in such a way that there isn't much incentive for me to keep playing.

Definitely Reach.

QFT.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

you can't really compare a shooter to a Racing game but hands down halo reach is far better than GT5.