By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - QFT and its usage

IMO, this forum is misusing QFT.

QFT = quote for truth

Now, it cannot be truth when it hasn't happened and/or something comfirmed by multiple researches to narrow down something as truth (even it cannot be directly proven).

Often time, I see someone say something then the next one quote it with QFT. It is simply an opinion and not the truth.

A better one to use is QFE.

QFE = quote for emphasis

Like, something you agree and would like to reinforce it with your own opinion. QFE is legitimate even if you simply quote and then ended your post with a QFE just to show you agreed on that specific point.

I just find it slightly annoying when people are abusing QFT and ignore its cousin, QFE. 

Around the Network
Galaki said:

QFT = quote for truth

QFT

Entroper said:
Galaki said:

QFT = quote for truth

QFT

QFE

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Meh, how many of you actually *Laugh out Loud* when you type 'LOL'?

I find "Well said" to be a universal and less l33t phrase.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network
Game_boy said:

Well said, Game_boy.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Game_boy said:
Game_boy said:

Well said, Game_boy.

QFE

ArtofSoriku said:
Meh, how many of you actually *Laugh out Loud* when you type 'LOL'?

I do. I usually use smileys if I'm not laughing.

To do otherwise is to Lie On-Line. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing

I always find it funny when people take it the wrong way and think someone is telling them to 'Quit Fucking Talking' XD

MrPickles said:
I always find it funny when people take it the wrong way and think someone is telling them to 'Quit Fucking Talking' XD

QFT...