By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 3 beta vs Gears of War 3 beta?

Which beta did you enjoy more the Gears of War 3 beta or the Uncharted 3 beta? They are both one of the biggest and best games coming this year. Although Uncharted is more of SP game and Gears of War 3 is more of a co- op game they both improved in thier mp sections by a mile! Gears of War 3 is easily a big improvement over Gears of War 2. It was better in every aspect and it looks like to be better than Gears if War 2!

Now Uncharted 3.... To begin with Uncharted 2 is  one of my favourite game of all time and I have spent over 200 hrs on the single player playing it again and again and many hours on the amazing MP as well. When the beta first came out I found that there were frame rate issues it was easily one of the most laggy beta's I have ever played. Although the gameplay was much better than Uncharted 2 the connection problems pissed me off. But after I while I tryed playing the beta again and the connection problems had almost vanished! A couple hours later I failed to notice any frame rate problems as well! After spending a few hours on the game I just wanted to let you know that UNCHARTED 3 IS THE BEST MP BETA I HAVE PLAYED!!! Sorry Halo Reach but that's the truth. The new kickbacks, perks, skins, e.t.c. along with the new gameplay is just fantastic!

What do you think about both the Beta's?

Around the Network

BTW for me it's Uncharted 3

I only own a PS3 so i cant really judge the gears 3 beta. But many of my friends who own both consoles said that the UC3 beta was good it just had many lag issues and framerate drops. I was not really shocked when i heard that since just about everyone on PSN now has PS-plus due to the recent outage. I still was able to play the beta though with very little problems. :)

Well, the Uncharted 3 multiplayer demo at E3 was pretty fun, but I didn't get much time with it. Gears of War 3 beta was insane, so much fun, dedicated servers. It will be tough to beat. Uncharted 2 is my favorite PS3 game so far, though, so I will try Uncharted 3 beta soon!

Uncharted 3 is a "true" beta. It has a lot of issues and this time is actually being used to find and fix them. Most betas now are just a demo or to promote the games. As a proper beta UC3 doesn't have any more issues than any other betas.

Around the Network

When I saw this title in the hot topics, I knew who the author was... my man Dsage

Anyways, I haven't played the Gears Beta, but the UC3 is miles ahead of what my expectations were. Think of it like this:

UC1 SP is to UC2 SP like UC2 MP is to UC3 MP.

I wasn't exactly in love with U2's multiplayer, so my expectations weren't very high. When I started playing, I just couldn't stop. It plays very differently from Uncharted 2, in a good way. ND weren't fooling around when they said they going for the top spot on the PS3. I'm literally in love with this beta. I only played UC2 MP occasionally. I wasn't really in love with it. But this, Uncharted 3, is probably going to be my most played MP for the rest of the generation by the looks of it. I've been playing all night on TWO levels and I'm still in love with it.

Again, I haven't played the Gears Beta, but I've seen some vids on youtube and it looks awesome too. I'm sure the game will be great. I like the fact the levels seem to have a lot more color in them. Some commentators said the game feels very different than Gears 3. I'm pretty sure it's for the best. Can't wait to try it out.

It's going to be one interesting holiday.

Jay520 said:
When I saw this title in the hot topics, I knew who the author was... my man Dsage

Anyways, I haven't played the Gears Beta, but the UC3 is miles ahead of what my expectations were. Think of it like this:

UC1 SP is to UC2 SP like UC2 MP is to UC3 MP.

I wasn't exactly in love with U2's multiplayer, so my expectations weren't very high. When I started playing, I just couldn't stop. It plays very differently from Uncharted 2, in a good way. ND weren't fooling around when they said they going for the top spot on the PS3. I'm literally in love with this beta. I only played UC2 MP occasionally. I wasn't really in love with it. But this, Uncharted 3, is probably going to be my most played MP for the rest of the generation by the looks of it. I've been playing all night on TWO levels and I'm still in love with it.

Again, I haven't played the Gears Beta, but I've seen some vids on youtube and it looks awesome too. I'm sure the game will be great. I like the fact the levels seem to have a lot more color in them. Some commentators said the game feels very different than Gears 3. I'm pretty sure it's for the best. Can't wait to try it out.

It's going to be one interesting holiday.

Well you know me pretty darn well :) I along with you never expected the Uncharted 3 beta to be so damn good I have been also playing all night. Now I think I'm going to have give Call of Duty a break (forever) and start playing Uncharted 2 again once the beta ends.

TAKE A LOOK AND SEE THE TRUTH. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O3xYj4kwHY

PROBABLY NOONE OF YOU DIDN'T TRY THE BETA OF GEARS 3

SWORDFISH_84 said:
TAKE A LOOK AND SEE THE TRUTH. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O3xYj4kwHY

PROBABLY NOONE OF YOU DIDN'T TRY THE BETA OF GEARS 3

What's wrong? It's a great beta. Although we all know that Gears did look a lot more finsihed than Uncharted 3. They only delayed it due to specific marketing reasons

UC3 Beta has been a lot more fun for me, outside the Freezing and lag. I think the graphics in the Gears 3 Beta were more impressive though.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords