By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - What sort of games will my new PC run?

I found this thread pretty useful. Thanks. I was in a similar situation as the OP.

Thanks Oblivion86, I bought the XFX 6870 (It's a big card but I'll get to that later).
Thanks to those that mentioned the 5770, that was my first choice but as I had the extra cash at the time I went for the 6870 as it was 256bit and newer, but I saw the 5770 Metro 2033 in computer shop and it is a very good card for the price.

Thanks Xen for the headsup on getting the AM3+ socket. I bought the ASrock 890 AM3+ motherboard. The following week or so I saw that the 990 series chipsets were on the market but I am happy with my purchase and because of the onboard graphics I could use it straight away while I consider the best GPU option.

Everything is up and running and I am well pleased. The only problem is that those HD 6870s are huge cards (at least the XFX one is) and after putting it all together I need to change my case because I am not happy with the way everything fits or the ventilation.

Mainboard: ASrock AMD 890 AM3+
CPU: Phenom II x 4 Black Edition (OC 3.75GHz)
RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600 (OC 1800)
Graphics: HD 6870 (Not OC because of heat issues and probably won't for a while even after new case)

OT: Yeah, good choice of games mentioned here.