By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted Impressions...

DMeisterJ said:
shams said:
konnichiwa said:
Great....

Sorry Shams you lost my respect serious...

For posting my impressions of Uncharted, or assuming that the PS3 fans on this board could handle me posting my impressions? If the latter - then I can understand that.

I'm on a crusade to get some real discussion/debate running on this site, and no fanboy is gonna stop me.

No, it's not that I couldn't handle your "impressions" just that impressions mean you've actually played the game, not seen it in action. So now we don't have to play the game before we can review it? You clearly said the game would only get a 7-8 which is a review score. So I've never played SMG, I saw it played in GS for thirty minutes and I give it a seven. That is and would be wrong. You have to play a game, somewhat extensively before you start handing out scores.

@ elnino

Yes he is entitled to his opinion, but when he gives is opinion along with a score, that's when it's wrong, especially, when you haven't played the game. I just don't understand reviewing a game you've seen for thirty minutes and haven't played.

LOL so is wrong because he gave a number. What is hard to understand?  It was his impressions not a full blown review. 

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
carlos710 said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Shams sorry to say but this is a piss poor review. Thank god your not on the VGChartz PS3 or PC review teams.

Please tell me there actually arn't going to be reviews on the site. That would be the biggest mistake Ioi could make. People would scream bias from the rooftops way more than they do now.

I second this. Most reviews would be like a copy & paste of SonyDefenseForce anyway.

im sorry but I actually know how to write....

http://www.psu.com/Go-Sudoku-Review-Review--a232-p0.php

http://www.psu.com/Armored-Core-4-Review-Review--a229-p0.php

so mine will not be a copy and paste jobs.

Won't matter, you could have the most unbiast reviewers on the internet and it will still hurt the credibility of the website where it matters. The numbers.

elnino334 said:
DMeisterJ said:
shams said:
konnichiwa said:
Great....

Sorry Shams you lost my respect serious...

For posting my impressions of Uncharted, or assuming that the PS3 fans on this board could handle me posting my impressions? If the latter - then I can understand that.

I'm on a crusade to get some real discussion/debate running on this site, and no fanboy is gonna stop me.

No, it's not that I couldn't handle your "impressions" just that impressions mean you've actually played the game, not seen it in action. So now we don't have to play the game before we can review it? You clearly said the game would only get a 7-8 which is a review score. So I've never played SMG, I saw it played in GS for thirty minutes and I give it a seven. That is and would be wrong. You have to play a game, somewhat extensively before you start handing out scores.

@ elnino

Yes he is entitled to his opinion, but when he gives is opinion along with a score, that's when it's wrong, especially, when you haven't played the game. I just don't understand reviewing a game you've seen for thirty minutes and haven't played.

LOL so is wrong because he gave a number. What is hard to understand?  It was his impressions not a full blown review. 

How do you give impressions to a game you haven't played?

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

Shams your on the road this month with these bias PS3 reviews....lol

Edit: Your coming into 2008 with the same stuff....Maybe I should just check out a Super Mario Galaxy gameplay videos or watch someone play it and base my review on it and watch I get myself flamed and banned for saying some awful things....lol

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
carlos710 said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Shams sorry to say but this is a piss poor review. Thank god your not on the VGChartz PS3 or PC review teams.

Please tell me there actually arn't going to be reviews on the site. That would be the biggest mistake Ioi could make. People would scream bias from the rooftops way more than they do now.

I second this. Most reviews would be like a copy & paste of SonyDefenseForce anyway.

im sorry but I actually know how to write....

http://www.psu.com/Go-Sudoku-Review-Review--a232-p0.php

http://www.psu.com/Armored-Core-4-Review-Review--a229-p0.php

so mine will not be a copy and paste jobs.

Won't matter, you could have the most unbiast reviewers on the internet and it will still hurt the credibility of the website where it matters. The numbers.

Not really as long as we can do it in a professional mannor. Considering ioi allows us mods to report on other new but sales numbers like game releases and all that id say that we already might look bad for reporting on stuff like that but since I have contacts with PSU's PR rep still we have contacts with all devs/publishers so they should at elast like us reviewing games. More reviews the better for any game. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

For the record, my "score" was purely based on the small amount I saw. I'm sure if I played the entire game I would give it a (different) score with more certainty - I'm *not* saying its a 7-8/10 game, I'm saying that based on what I saw I would score *that* a 7-8/10 (which isn't that bad - a 8 score is NOT a bad score!).

(MP3:C is a 9 for me, for instance - and I think its a lot more polished than Uncharted)

Its no LAIR! :)

The whole auto-heal is probably worth a real debate. I understand (and agree) that its purely a gameplay mechanism - and that games shouldn't try to mirror the real world completely. But I did think that it didn't feel right in the context of this game.

Just like in a game like RE4 (unless Leon was infected with something that caused the autoheal), I would feel that it was used out of context.

And yes - I was trying to make a point about a "hero" character like Nathan (I presume he is a hero character), taking the "easy" way out and killing everyone. The guys he is up against don't seem that "bad" either - just also out for the same treasure (from what I know - the actual story may change this theory completely).

Look at Indy (movies) - in one movie he is taking out Nazi's (and in the end, he doesn't kill them all anyway) - and in the next, taking out "crazed cult members that enslave children and pull beating hearts out of people" - and he still doesn't kill them all directly, rather gets what he wants - then runs.

Its a bit like David Hasslehoff & Pamela searching ruins for some treasure, and shooting everyone they meet on the way.

I don't mind the idea of a more "mature" aggressive hero, who doesn't shy from killing people (snapping necks, etc..) - I guess that personally he isn't the sort of hero I would form a "attraction" bond with. Too "nasty" for me. I just hope that the game isn't directly marketed towards children, and giving them the impression that this sort of thing is the norm, and acceptable social behaviour.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

It is true this is his opinion and he is entitled to it.

So if I go and post a review of SMG right now based off watching my friend play it/gameplay trailers on Youtube and having played it for 8 minutes. People cannot complain if I say it is average? That the idea of an Italian Plumber who ends up in space and is able to defeat an entire army of Goomba's led by a giant spiky turtle is ludicrous and stupid.***

***  I actually like Mario

Stats87 said:

It is true this is his opinion and he is entitled to it.

So if I go and post a review of SMG right now based off watching my friend play it/gameplay trailers on Youtube and having played it for 8 minutes. People cannot complain if I say it is average? That the idea of an Italian Plumber who ends up in space and is able to defeat an entire army of Goomba's led by a giant spiky turtle is ludicrous and stupid.***

***  I actually like Mario

Yup you can do that...You can even make a Lair review and give it a 9.5 because you saw your friend playing it and believed him when he says he doesn't have a problem with the controls (also that would be impossible) loool.

Lol, no offense, but that review was pretty bad.

Here's my SMG review after watching it for 30 minutes:

Mario's hat is too shiny
Mario is too overweight
The gravity is not precise to real life
Mario is stealing stars without remorse

Very disappointing.

Lair is a 8.5 to 9/10 game. Maybe 8/10 if you are reviewing it on an old 480i TV. Spot on controls - you tilt the controller left, the dragon turns left etc. Amazing 1080p graphics. Amazing scale and amount of things going on in levels. Amazing Hollywood movie quality soundtrack. Tons of unlockables and very well done Concert Hall extras section. High replay value for missions. The only negatives are some weak voice acting and sometimes jarring mission objective camera cuts.