By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 3 Console Gameplay (PS3)

Looks pretty damn good!

Around the Network
selnor said:
dahuman said:
selnor said:
Wtf. What differences do the ps3 fans really see. It looks bloody. Close to pc. The comparison clips are great. And the side by side video looks great to. Why the downplay from ps3 fans. Pc fans I understand. They are always like this about console counterparts. Its pretty lame. The console versions are really good.

It's actually really far off if you are used to PC graphics, if EA studios continue down this road, you will start to see bigger gaps since PCs are so much more powerful these days and consoles are holding graphics back big time. It's OK though, I'm all good with Uncharted 3 and very confident about Halo 4 =).

Just found out gametrailers says uc3 over battlefield 3 on pc. What about that?

Well their argument was that asthetics and art style trumps technical achievment and also how good UC3 looked in 3D was a major factor...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
selnor said:
dahuman said:
selnor said:
Wtf. What differences do the ps3 fans really see. It looks bloody. Close to pc. The comparison clips are great. And the side by side video looks great to. Why the downplay from ps3 fans. Pc fans I understand. They are always like this about console counterparts. Its pretty lame. The console versions are really good.

It's actually really far off if you are used to PC graphics, if EA studios continue down this road, you will start to see bigger gaps since PCs are so much more powerful these days and consoles are holding graphics back big time. It's OK though, I'm all good with Uncharted 3 and very confident about Halo 4 =).

Well their argument was that asthetics and art style trumps technical achievment and also how good UC3 looked in 3D was a major factor...

So what they meant was best game presentation. Not graphics. Graphics is technical. Both games are trying to look realistic. And one clearly looks more real than the other.

selnor said:

So what they meant was best game presentation. Not graphics. Graphics is technical. Both games are trying to look realistic. And one clearly looks more real than the other.

Pretty much

Tho I would argue that UC doesn't actually use a straight realistic art style, they have a slight almost pixar like spin on realism. Extreamly detailed but not quite true to life especially with their use of color. It's one of the reasons it looks so damn good. BF3 on the other hand has probably the most realistic graphics ever seen in a videogame.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

selnor said:
dahuman said:
selnor said:

Well, the difference being Uncharted 3 doesn't have 64 player support in a huge map environment and yet able to maintain that quality where the detail goes to even the scope on your gun has real time reflection to the world, and a lot of destructable environments at the same time. That being sad, I'm still digging Uncharted 3 since the single player looks ballz crazy good and I can't wait to play it in 3D. I'm most likely not gonna touch Battlefield 3's single player at all just like I never got through the first 2 levels of BC2 lol.

Around the Network

DICE confirmed 30fps for BF3 on consoles... and says "not possible 60fps."

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-in-national/battlefield-3-30fps-on-consoles-not-possible-to-fit-everything-otherwise

What kind of magic Guerrilla Games did with Killzone 3?

30FPS for PS3 BF3 is a big hit.

One of the reasons CoD is so popular is that it has the silky smooth 60FPS controls.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

ethomaz said:

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-in-national/battlefield-3-30fps-on-consoles-not-possible-to-fit-everything-otherwise

Ya have to remember that KZ3 isnt rendering or dealing with as much information or scale then what BF3. Not to mention BC2 ran at 30 fps so It doesnt matter to me.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

can we assume that the BF3 will run better on PS3 than 360 since the devs were playing on PS3? I know im already gonna get MW3 on 360 but im still debating which console to get BF3 on...

ethomaz said:

Killzone 3 is a 30fps 720p game just like BF3...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-killzone-3?page=2

@TheVoxelman on twitter