By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted E3 Demo: What are your thoughts on it?

Tagged games:

arcane_chaos said:
the physics in this game are truly amazing!!! how drake sways every time the boat rocks(notice the water in the pool also shifting as the boat tips) when drake slightly gets pushed back from the wind, how the lights/chandeliers sway left and right,how the water fills up the ship, very impressive.

ND is looking to deliver and then some with this game

This^^

I will say that the gameplay was more of the same thing (more fluid maybe), but why fix something that isn't broken.  However I found myself blown away by exactly what you described.  I'm sure ND will be raising the bar on jaw dropping moments and putting Drake through the craziest shit that only he could make it out of alive.

Around the Network

i actually like the demo A LOT. great atmosphere all around just how i like it, it's just not something to show of at E3 to create a lot of hype. but that's what the trailer was for :D

The coolest part of the demo was how things looked while UNDER the water. Most games don't even let you go underwater, and of the few that do, they usually just tack a grayish-blue filter on the screen and call it a day.

Uncharted 1's best tricks were its animations and surface water. Uncharted 2 built on that with snow and set pieces that collapse all around you. Uncharted 3 is bringing to the table sand, underwater graphics, and changing set pieces that involve water. It seems like a pretty typical leap for the series.

At this point, they're not going to tap anymore power out of the system. It's just a matter of enabling their engine to do things with that power that it couldn't do before (ie snow in once scene, torrential flooding in the next). You shouldn't expect much of a leap in polygons or textures past the first few years for any capable developer.

Rainbow Yoshi said:
I am currently enjoying Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, so I am thus excited for the 3rd title.

That's right, I remember you  told us you had just bought a PS3... Did you finally get the original Uncharted or not?

Diablerie said:
arcane_chaos said:
the physics in this game are truly amazing!!! how drake sways every time the boat rocks(notice the water in the pool also shifting as the boat tips) when drake slightly gets pushed back from the wind, how the lights/chandeliers sway left and right,how the water fills up the ship, very impressive.

ND is looking to deliver and then some with this game

This^^

I will say that the gameplay was more of the same thing (more fluid maybe), but why fix something that isn't broken.  However I found myself blown away by exactly what you described.  I'm sure ND will be raising the bar on jaw dropping moments and putting Drake through the craziest shit that only he could make it out of alive.

This^^ (again!) I thought the demo was amazing, the whole game world was flipped over in real time! I can't wait for this game!

Around the Network

Game of the Show for me, Just Incredible.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

pariz said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
I am currently enjoying Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, so I am thus excited for the 3rd title.

That's right, I remember you  told us you had just bought a PS3... Did you finally get the original Uncharted or not?

I haven't yet, I'll be investing in more games so perhaps I'll rent for some time.