By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you want from next generation consoles.

disolitude said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Mad55 said:
better gameplay.

Gameplay has always been good in every generation. it always will be. Its the center of everything. ask for something else dammit

No it hasn't. This gen especially feels like it needs to guide the player like a child, holding his hand through a series of scripted events at the cost of gameplay and control.

"Here, just mash A button...we will kill the big bad guy for you". Get out of here...

Valve needs to come back to the Half Life arena next gen and school all these clowns how to make a proper FPS set pieces...

There are stll plenty of games that are still hard

Around the Network

-For Activision to stop milking Call of Duty
-New IPs from everyone
-For someone to make a bold new innovation (that we don't know about yet)
-For someone to change the FPS genre
-The dance genre needs to die

radiantshadow92 said:
disolitude said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Mad55 said:
better gameplay.

Gameplay has always been good in every generation. it always will be. Its the center of everything. ask for something else dammit

No it hasn't. This gen especially feels like it needs to guide the player like a child, holding his hand through a series of scripted events at the cost of gameplay and control.

"Here, just mash A button...we will kill the big bad guy for you". Get out of here...

Valve needs to come back to the Half Life arena next gen and school all these clowns how to make a proper FPS set pieces...

Hard doesn't equal good.It needs to be intuitive, and make the player feel like he is in control of the events on the screen...

Most of these AAA games that get the spotlight are moving away form intuitive gameplay and are are just trying to emulate interactive movies.

But yes there are exceptions for sure. For every craptastic Lords of Shadow that comes out, there is an awesome Baynoetta.

disolitude said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Mad55 said:
better gameplay.

QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I don't know what this Yamcha is, but it sounds just like Raditz."

Not to wait until the very end of the generation to release the 1st new home console Zelda game. That's what I want.

Around the Network

1. Better online, and every big budget game should have dedicated servers.

2. 1080p @ 60FPS from every big budget game.

3. Consoles should cost no more than $299.

4. There should be motion controls (Move, Kinect and Wiimote), but don't make them the main features of the consoles. For people like me who don't want to play with motion controls that's not really fair.

disolitude said:
radiantshadow92 said:
disolitude said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Mad55 said:
better gameplay.

Hard doesn't equal good.It needs to be intuitive, and make the player feel like he is in control of the events on the screen...

Most of these AAA games that get the spotlight are moving away form intuitive gameplay and are are just trying to emulate interactive movies.

But yes there are exceptions for sure. For every craptastic Lords of Shadow that comes out, there is an awesome Baynoetta.

I love most AAA titles lol. Thats just your opinion then. A game being intuitive is different for everyone. Thats why i said hard, because difficulty isnt so opinionated. I think gameplay has been amazing this gen, better than every other gen imo. Nothing beats assassins creed, infamous, and the bioshocks of this gen. And its the first gen where shooter games are actually good.

1. More precise/realistic physics

2. Better A.I. On both ends, meaning partner A.I. and enemy A.I.

3 Stream all video/music files from pc or play from external harddrive/thumb drive

4. Kinect Support (or similar), and the same motion controls as wii/ps3, normal controller, and a wiiU like controller(I like it)

5. Full Browser support (with Flash)

6. Unified friend list across all games. A unified capable matchmaking service across all games.

7. No requirements to install games

8. Multi Screen Support (Up to Three)

9. 3D Support

10. Built in memory so need for a separate memory card for saves.

That's all I could think of for now.

welll I want it more powerfull for graphics... and physics and AI.... imagine you have an entire game already on screen with every element already there no loading time.... now molyneux could do fable the way he wants.... you drop an walnut at some point and you come back next year it's a small tree....
no more loading to enter buildings....
no need for backdrop on the horizon line....

no more DVD to buy if you don't want to.... everything released online at same date and at a cheaper price.....

better online service whatever the premium....

cloud storage.....

I was even thinking they could do 2 builds.... one less powerfull but cheaper and the geek one with all the goodies.... after all PC games do work on minimum config and you can go up to the best one.... why not do the same for console same architecture but mor or less power.... for 300 you have the min for 600 or more you have the top....