By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo release games for Wii once Wii-U is out?

RolStoppable said:
polingolingo said:
Myak-04 said:

Well I'm expecting Okami 2 to be announced during TGS for Wii, and will be released a few weeks before Wii U arrives.     ... 

The new control of the wii u makes a game like okami 2 perfect for the new hardware.... think about it... i think okami 2 will be one of those 3rd party exclusives that people have been wondering about wii u....

As far as first party games for wii.... NO, i expect more price drops and more bundles.... not actual games...

With the sales Okami and Okamiden have put up it's unlikely that we'll see another game anytime soon (if ever), much less so as Wii U exclusive.

I won't be suprised if we see Okami for PSV.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
d21lewis said:

I'm having a hard time thinking of examples of Nintendo made game that get released when their next gen console/portable is released.  A little help, here?  I know they tend to release their consoles after everyone else but when they do, it seems like it's game over for the prior console.

One quick example of the top of my head for each system:

• NES: Kirby's Adventure
  • SNES: Donkey Kong Country 3
  • GB/C: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons
  • GBA: Yoshi's Universal Gravitation
  • DS: Well, since this one is still going it's obvious that there's some stuff left in the pipeline.

Now DK3 and the Zelda games released about 15 minutes after the N64 and GBA (maybe a wee bit longer) but you're right.....technically.  I should've remembered Kirby because I never got around to playing it until recently because, by the time it released, I was only playing Snes games.  I never heard of the Yoshi game.  Still, you produced the goods.  I was wrong. 

*edit* I had to google that Yoshi game to make sure you didn't make it up--but it reminded me of how the GBA and DS Wario Ware titles released pretty close together.  Again, disproving my earlier statement.

That's such a massive install base to ignore though. I'm not sure if it makes business sense. Releasing at least more Wii blah games would bring in revenue. It's not like they are vastly expensive to make... Same with the DS. Such a huge install base.

I think they probably won't, but it would be good for them to do so in my opinion. Keep those 'new/old' players happy on the older console, perhaps increasing the motion plus take up before enticing them over...

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.