By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Love or Hate it: Final Fantasy XIII deserves its sequel and many more

I always thought the characters and the basic story telling were fine. The entire plot was stupid though. The worst parts for me were the enemies, weapons, battle system, gold, items, stores, mission progress, level design, summons or whatever they were called.

If you want to talk about a bad story and characters, bring up FF12.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
I always thought the characters and the basic story telling were fine. The entire plot was stupid though. The worst parts for me were the enemies, weapons, battle system, gold, items, stores, mission progress, level design, summons or whatever they were called.

FF12 had great characters and an indepth story, unlike FFXIII. Whether you like any FF game there will always be someone who likes it and while FF12 wasn't the most stereotypical FF game, it was a fantastic game in itself. Can't say that about FFXIII though, bad story, bad characters, bad story telling, bad battle system (of course all 'bad' is in comparision to the usual Final Fantasy standard).

If I look forward to XIII-2, it's because I hope they'd make something worthy of the world that I didn't find in FFXIII and explain it during the journey but my distaste for FFXIII puts me off.

Bring me FFXV already.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Griffin said:

FF12 had great characters and an indepth story, unlike FFXIII. Whether you like any FF game there will always be someone who likes it and while FF12 wasn't the most stereotypical FF game, it was a fantastic game in itself. Can't say that about FFXIII though, bad story, bad characters, bad story telling, bad battle system (of course all 'bad' is in comparision to the usual Final Fantasy standard).

If I look forward to XIII-2, it's because I hope they'd make something worthy of the world that I didn't find in FFXIII and explain it during the journey but my distaste for FFXIII puts me off.

Bring me FFXV already.

Had to use google to find this characters name, but Larsa Ferrinas Solidorin FF12 is the worst character to be in any FF game.  The second they opened their mouth in any scene i wanted to smash the Tv.   Vaan was also a terrible character

But to each their own, i still like FF9 the most. I also had tons of fun in FF10, blitzball was a great mini game.

i thought i was the only one who felt like this, glad im not. I saw the trailer and thought, man they might have fixed some of the problems with 13 proper. I like the Moggle thing, i like the monster recruiting, looks way more useful than the summons. THe only thing im not liking is too much Serah and not enough Sazh and/or Fang. If these guys got whacked, dont tell me. Im on the last chapter and will beat the game (might as well, i came this far)