By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Kresnik said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSP/comments/4tmefs/retro_city_rampage_dx_stealth_released_today_for/d5jujfl

Now's the time to make some noise if you want a reprint of Retro City Rampage physical.

Also it sounds like Shakedown Hawaii will be getting physical too.

They better not redo Retro City Rampage, it was sold as a limited edition print :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
R8er said:
Just finished Persona 4 Golden - probably the best game i have ever played and i played a lot of games so far.

Welcome to the forums. And yes P4G is indeed the best game on the handheld (and one of, if not, the best of all time) and was a definite system seller for me. 

Have you guys checked the Limited Edition for World Of FF. I don't know if it'll cost 59.99€ or just the regular 39.99€ just as showcased by the retailers.

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/world-final-fantasy-collectors-edition-announced

SnowPrince said:
R8er said:
Just finished Persona 4 Golden - probably the best game i have ever played and i played a lot of games so far.

Welcome to the forums. And yes P4G is indeed the best game on the handheld (and one of, if not, the best of all time) and was a definite system seller for me. 

Have you guys checked the Limited Edition for World Of FF. I don't know if it'll cost 59.99€ or just the regular 39.99€ just as showcased by the retailers.

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/world-final-fantasy-collectors-edition-announced

Same, P4G alone, makes the Vita worth it to me :)

As for the FF thing, hope it's 40 for vita, but it might be 60...hopefully not.

MikeRox said:

They better not redo Retro City Rampage, it was sold as a limited edition print :p

I don't really get this.  I mean I understand you may have bought it on the assumption it's limited, but who is it hurting?  So you don't have to pay hundreds of dollars for a copy and the people who bought multiple copies to scalp them have their copies devalued.  Only sounds like good stuff to me.

Curious to see how Berserk will run on Vita. The graphics look similar to AoT.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
MikeRox said:

I don't really get this.  I mean I understand you may have bought it on the assumption it's limited, but who is it hurting?  So you don't have to pay hundreds of dollars for a copy and the people who bought multiple copies to scalp them have their copies devalued.  Only sounds like good stuff to me.

Me because I had to prioritise it over other games due to difficulty obtaining it in the future. And when I am retired and need to cash in my Vita collection because we won't be able to afford to live it'll have reduced it's value :p

So it's hurting my retirement! :D

And it's not an assumption, it was a statement. Limited edition is limited edition. Reprints later are actually just conning the original buyers. As it is also gaining (non scalping, just not wanting to miss it) sales under false pretences.

MikeRox said:

And it's not an assumption, it was a statement. Limited edition is limited edition. Reprints later are actually just conning the original buyers. As it is also gaining (non scalping, just not wanting to miss it) sales under false pretences.

Well, the PS4 version is already being reprinted despite being limited so I guess you're out of luck, sorry :P

Even though I paid eBay scalper prices for Oddworld on Vita, I really wouldn't mind any of these limited games getting reprints.

Here's the Vita marketing to give you more info as to why I would be unhappy with such a decision.

"This limited edition PS Vita retail version comes to you on an official 2 GB PlayStation®Vita card, busting at the seams, filling 19.8 MB of its capacity. Factory shrink wrapped in your standard issue official blue case, with new front and back cover art (different from the PS4™ version).

It’s region free, so it’ll play on all of your PS Vita systems, worldwide. Also compatible with all PlayStation TV systems worldwide.

As with the PS4™ version, it’s also the real deal and part of the official PS Vita game library (PCSE-00630 to be exact!). What that means is that if you’re aiming for a complete collection, you can’t miss it!"

So yeah, they actually aimed it at the full set market. The ps4 ver was sold on the same premise so very poor show. But ps4 ver was much more limited. Vita RCR isn't actually currently worth much more than when it was released.

This limited edition retail version of Retro City Rampage™ DX is the rarest PlayStation®4 game ever printed! Only 2,000 available, so pre-order yours before it's too late.

Again buy now or forever miss out. Piss poor tbh. No problem with a rare game getting a reprint. But one openly sold as limited edition never to be done again is an appalling business practice.

Shadow8 said:
LivingMetal said:
Well, I just pre-ordered my copy of Yomawari: Night Alone Limited Edition through Amazon. I was tempted to order it from NISA which is what I have always done. But I'd rather not pay $60, and I really didn't care for the tumbler. So it's $50 through Amazon WITHOUT the tumbler. Now, I just have to keep my fingers crossed to hope that it will arrive without any dings on the game box.

Nice, I'll also be preordering that one as well on amazon. Never played the original, so this one with the 1st game and all the goodies is a no brainer for me!

Normally, I'm not a fan of a digital title when there is a physical copy to choose from.  But I'll make an exception for now.  And maybe I'll but the physical version one day if I like the game enough. 

Kresnik said:
MikeRox said:

Well, the PS4 version is already being reprinted despite being limited so I guess you're out of luck, sorry :P

Even though I paid eBay scalper prices for Oddworld on Vita, I really wouldn't mind any of these limited games getting reprints.

And again, you can't sell a game as a limited edition, then reprint it. Yes the scalping is scummy, but just stop saying limited to x copies worldwide and it's all good.

There are plenty of games have had tiny runs but not been sold as limited editions. Reprinting them is fine.

I think if limited run started doing the same, that would be the end of their venture. As someone on reddit noted:

"Yeah and if it wasn't for people buying games to sell them later, 99% of niche physical releases wouldn't exist because they wouldn't sell enough to be financially appealing to small devs. Too many whiners who don't want to put in the money on day 1, full price, or be as vigilant as the rest of us (including scalpers) to follow all news, release schedules and be there to buy them when they're available.

All these complaints about the state of collecting games come from fairweather fans who are mad that they can't find $300 games in the $5 bins at Gamestop with no cover, or can't get them from some old man at a flea market who doesn't know how to use the Internet to realize he's selling something for 1% of it's value to the real opportunistic scammer standing in front of him, who certainly isn't saying "let me give you at least $50 to keep my conscience clean"

Buncha hypocrite whiners. You don't see the rest of us crying that we can't get Neo Geo at the pawn shop for $40"