By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
DemoniOtaku said:
xKakashi209x said:
I just bought UC Golden Abyss on ebay for 20 bucks. How long is the gameplay?

This is a little longer than others Uncharted... probably 14-16hrs... and have some extras to keep you playing... and some extras for Fight for   Fortune Card Game..

Oh okay cool thanks.

Around the Network
Claymore said:
Scisca said:
You know what guys, if Capcom really isn't bringing RE: Revelations or (and!) MH4 to Vita, I say f*ck you Capcom and won't be buying a single game from them in the future. If they ignore my favourite console, I ignore them.

Grow up look at it from capcoms point of view is it really worth their time making games for the Vita or use those man hour to make another game for the 3DS, which would make them more money 3m vitas or 20m+3DS?

RE:Revelations didn't sell well. MH even sold well on the 360. Install base does not guarantee good sales.

Tom3k said:
Scisca said:
You know what guys, if Capcom really isn't bringing RE: Revelations or (and!) MH4 to Vita, I say f*ck you Capcom and won't be buying a single game from them in the future. If they ignore my favourite console, I ignore them.

To be honest I have a bit of a grudge on Capcom, Konami, SE and SEGA when PS Vita games are concerned. We see bunch of "OK" games such as LEGO games or even the crappy Spy Hunter being co-developed for both 3DS and Vita at same time. Since WB sees profit in doing so and intends to support it with future LEGO releases, I don't understand why the Japanese publishers are so hesitant in doing the exact same thing. 

I guess Capcom to some extent is supporting Vita just fine... If you care for their fighting games (for which I sadly don't). On other hand I would buy RE: Relevations without thinking twice about it. It simply is the best RE game since RE 2 (IMHO).

While I appreciate Konami's efforts with NLKS and Silent Hill game, I kinda feel let down... When they released MGS Collection, I hoped that maybe SH Collection will come our way as well. But so far even the Zone of Enders Collection which was announced for Vita isn't here yet, and the question is if it will be at all. I really loved the reboot of Castlevania with LoS and am really looking forward to LoS 2. And the fact that Mirror of Fate is a 3DS exclusive game is just pissing me off. I have nothing against game being on 3DS, don't get me wrong now. But I played LoS on PS3, will buy LoS2 for PS3 and to have complete story I have to buy 3DS? Sorry Konami but no thank you.

SE... I really can't follow their logic with main console releases. If they haven't purchesed Eidos they wouldn't have had any good major releases this generation at all. Since FF obviously wasn't one. And the only thing they've been doing was cloning Lightning... They had some great games on hendhelds though (especially on PSP). Every game that they've released on PSP I would gladly rebuy with enhanced graphiocs and trophy support. And I'm sure I'm not only one that thinks that way. Crisis Core for example would really benefit from 2nd anaolg stick and Birth by Sleep as well. On top of all things Type-0. I guess they simply don't think that Vita market is "strong" enough for Type-0 to "sell well" even though, they already have game. They need to do some minimal investments to port it over. 

SEGA... They should really start listening to fans and maybe port something over. Sonic Colours wasn't band and I guess would benefit from touch screen... Also we see Alchemistof Arland games being ported over by Gust, Ninja Gaiden by Tecmo... maybe porting the original Valkyria Chronicles to Vita would be a good move?

This are just my few thoughts about the things I would like to see on Vita... Even though they won't happen, but one can always hope...

I actually don't even know what fighters come from Capcom. I don't care about this genre. Got MK from PS+ and this will be the only fighter I play on Vita, unless they release another free game on PS+, but I couldn't care less about this. I'm not a fan at all, never been and never will be. RE is the most important Capcom brand for me. RE4 is pretty much a Wii exclusive for me, but I'd love to get all other RE games that Vita is capable of, so 0, 1 (the GCN remakes please...) and preferably simmilar remakes of 2, 3 and CV, plus RE: Revelations on top of it. I pretty much grew up with this series and would get all these games once again to play on the go. They could probably make 5 and 6 work on Vita as well, but I'd be fine without these two ;) When it comes to MH4 I'd just get it to support Vita, since I've never played a MH game before. We just all know how important this game could be for PSV in Japan and it's a huge blow that they ignore the platform.

When it comes to Konami and MGS Collection I was hoping for the PSP games to get double analog sticks upgrade like the PS360 games. From what I know they just remade 2 and 3, right? Peace Walker is left with the PSP version? I'd also get a MGS remake from GCN in a heartbeat, since it costs around $100 right now. And obviously I still hope that Phantom Pain is a MGS Vita... SH collection on PS360 is very bad from what I've heard. I think that SH 1 is on PSX classics, right? Is it working on Vita? Cause I want to get it soon, just want to wait and see if it gets a discount in PS+ next month ;) That's probably better than that collection anyway... Though I wouldn't mind if we got SH 2 and 3, just good versions.

SE releasing their best PSP games with upgraded controlls, tophies and improved graphics would be the least they could do. I never had a PSP so I'd get these FF games, since I love the franchise. Hope FF X sells well enough for them to start supporting the console big time. FF, DQ and Kingdom Hearts games would be a must-have. Still, having FF V - IX on Vita is nice already :)

SEGA... I'm ok with them. Valkyria Chronicles would be very nice. It's still on my list of PS3 games to buy, so I'd get it on Vita if they released it. Can't really say what I'd expect from them though. The Sonic kart racing game is good. We got Jet Set Radio, I think Vita is getting a Phantasy Star game. I'd love it if we got Shenmue - a new installment to fill the void of a good open world game on Vita or even just the old DC games (both preferably, haha). But SEGA is really rather good for us.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Also, about the third party stuff, I kind of have to agree with KylieDog on it. To an extent, at least.

Across the board, third party support on Vita has been absolute shit so far. Honourable mention to Ubisoft & SEGA for at least bringing us a couple of new things.

But otherwise it's just been crap from everyone. In reality, EA's support has pretty much been just as bad as Capcom's. Both of them churned out ports of console games, but in the case of EA it's just the games they have ported (FIFA, Madden & Need for Speed) have been more helpful to Vita than Capcom's ports have (two fighting games). That just says more about each company's state at the moment than anything else.

In order of how much effort I think third parties have put in:
- Ubisoft (launch titles to get the console off the ground, plus new Lumines & Assassin's Creed. They've tried the hardest imo).
- Marvelous AQL (hadn't even heard of them until Vita. But Senran Kagura, Soul Sacrifice & NLKS is at least some effort)
- SEGA (Miku was a godsend for Japan, but just ports otherwise. If PSO2 turns out okay, I'll be pleased).
- EA (FIFA, Madden & Need for Speed have always been important on Sony consoles. Could do with something original & more effort in next year's FIFA).
- Tecmo Koei (at least they're keeping 2013 propped up with ports, and they bothered to make an original Dynasty Warriors game).
- Nihon Falcom (they've been propping up small amounts of Vita owners in Japan with new content)
- Namco Bandai (surprisingly, they haven't actually done that much. Low-effort Ridge Racer game & ports of PSP and DS games. Not the kind of support Vita needs from them. Tales of Hearts might redeem a bit).
- Konami (MGS HD was good. Silent Hill was awful.).
- Warner Bros. (Mortal Kombat helped, but ports of DS LEGO games isn't great. The original LEGO game in 2013 may push them up a bit).
- Capcom (two ports at least puts them above these next two).
- Square Enix (no effort whatsoever).
- Activision (even less effort than that. A complete disaster).

Sorry, I like making lists.

Point being, anyway, that even Ubisoft who I consider to have put the most effort into Vita, haven't really done that much. And even though Capcom is near the bottom, Konami & WB's effort's really haven't been much better. I hope we see some kind of turn-around next year.

Claymore said:
Scisca said:

Grow up look at it from capcoms point of view is it really worth their time making games for the Vita or use those man hour to make another game for the 3DS, which would make them more money 3m vitas or 20m+3DS?

Look up what you're talking about before telling someone to grow up. RE: R sold a whopping 670k on 3DS. That's nothing really impressive when compared to Vita games sales. Very good, but not impressive by any means. I actually think that had this game been released simultanously on 3DS and Vita, it would have sold better on Vita life long.

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

Around the Network
Scisca said:
Claymore said:
Scisca said:

Look up what you're talking about before telling someone to grow up. RE: R sold a whopping 670k on 3DS. That's nothing really impressive when compared to Vita games sales. Very good, but not impressive by any means. I actually think that had this game been released simultanously on 3DS and Vita, it would have sold better on Vita life long.

That 670k is more than any Vita game apart from Uncharted, so where would all those Vita sales come from when even fairly big franchises struggle to sell 300-400k?

Claymore said:
Scisca said:
Claymore said:
Scisca said:

That 670k is more than any Vita game apart from Uncharted, so where would all those Vita sales come from when even fairly big franchises struggle to sell 300-400k?

It would obviously devour some part of the 3DS sales, since people who own both consoles would more likely get the Vita version instead of an inferior 3DS one (inferior because of the controlls, though I'd hope for better graphics on Vita as well, the textures are often pretty bad on 3DS), so it wouldn't reach 670 on 3DS, but closer to 0.5 mil. And I said life long sales. This game would have much better legs on Vita, where it would still be considered one of the top 5 games and a must-have, unlike the 3DS where people seem to care almost only about Nintendo games.

Kresnik said:
Also, about the third party stuff, I kind of have to agree with KylieDog on it. To an extent, at least.

Across the board, third party support on Vita has been absolute shit so far. Honourable mention to Ubisoft & SEGA for at least bringing us a couple of new things.

But otherwise it's just been crap from everyone. In reality, EA's support has pretty much been just as bad as Capcom's. Both of them churned out ports of console games, but in the case of EA it's just the games they have ported (FIFA, Madden & Need for Speed) have been more helpful to Vita than Capcom's ports have (two fighting games). That just says more about each company's state at the moment than anything else.

In order of how much effort I think third parties have put in:
- Ubisoft (launch titles to get the console off the ground, plus new Lumines & Assassin's Creed. They've tried the hardest imo).
- Marvelous AQL (hadn't even heard of them until Vita. But Senran Kagura, Soul Sacrifice & NLKS is at least some effort)
- SEGA (Miku was a godsend for Japan, but just ports otherwise. If PSO2 turns out okay, I'll be pleased).
- EA (FIFA, Madden & Need for Speed have always been important on Sony consoles. Could do with something original & more effort in next year's FIFA).
- Tecmo Koei (at least they're keeping 2013 propped up with ports, and they bothered to make an original Dynasty Warriors game).
- Nihon Falcom (they've been propping up small amounts of Vita owners in Japan with new content)
- Namco Bandai (surprisingly, they haven't actually done that much. Low-effort Ridge Racer game & ports of PSP and DS games. Not the kind of support Vita needs from them. Tales of Hearts might redeem a bit).
- Konami (MGS HD was good. Silent Hill was awful.).
- Warner Bros. (Mortal Kombat helped, but ports of DS LEGO games isn't great. The original LEGO game in 2013 may push them up a bit).
- Capcom (two ports at least puts them above these next two).
- Square Enix (no effort whatsoever).
- Activision (even less effort than that. A complete disaster).

Sorry, I like making lists.

Point being, anyway, that even Ubisoft who I consider to have put the most effort into Vita, haven't really done that much. And even though Capcom is near the bottom, Konami & WB's effort's really haven't been much better. I hope we see some kind of turn-around next year.

Ubi also ported Rayman Origins, which is a good game. I'd love them to port Beyond Good and Evil to Vita early this year. Stranger's Wrath sells well on Vita, so BG&E should do well as well. Should they port this one and give us another big game like ACIII:L next Christmas, they'd be by far the best 3rd party dev for Vita.

But all in all... Damn, does this list look poor. Vita really got next to no 3rd party support. So sad.

I'd like to see actual sales figures for Vita/3DS games. Tbh RE:R not hitting 1m on a userbase of over 25m is pretty piss poor given it was the most high profile 3p release for the 3DS last year.

AC3:L is going to outsell it in the same time frame at this rate with not even 20% of the userbase.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
I'd like to see actual sales figures for Vita/3DS games. Tbh RE:R not hitting 1m on a userbase of over 25m is pretty piss poor given it was the most high profile 3p release for the 3DS last year.

AC3:L is going to outsell it in the same time frame at this rate with not even 20% of the userbase.

Well, Liberation is a great game.  It deserves it!  I really wish it got better reviews, becuase it really is a great game. 

But as opposed to doom and gloom, can we try narrowing down what publishers HAVE been supporting the Vita?  from what I see, it's a lot of indie devs, sony studios, and Ubisoft, and I only say ubisoft becuase they were the only non-sony studio willing to make a completely unique, bordering-on-AAA game for the handheld.  Plenty of ports, sure, but that's arguably the best non-sony owned, unique game on the handheld.  

I really wish I had time to return to it, but as it stands I have to play like 4 games between now and the release of Grand Theft Auto V, as well as returning to Pokemon Black/White 2 to finish them. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android