By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Kresnik said:
green_sky said:
Kresnik said:
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/18/sony-giving-soul-sacrifice-demo-with-playstation-vita-hardware-purchases/

I'm beginning to worry about Soul Sacrifice, guys :(

You mean the sales in Japan? I am sure it'll do okay but the hardware needs more momentum. 

Yeah, sales.  It performed nicely in Famitsu's 2013 hype thread but that doesn't transfer to real-world sales.   I feel like Sony are doing their part to push it but it's still not going to be enough, and it'll be a shame because the game looks really, really good.

I hope it sells well anyway, and shifts a few Vitas along the way.

It`s to early to say how it will doing.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
Chark said:
So I've decided that I'm going to go all digital. I've been buying used games and selling games back to finance my gaming and I really want to buy new and support the industry more. Digital seems like a good way to do both.

So here are my reasons:

- I can have my games on both PS3s and both PSVs and play at the same time.
- I keep the games forever
- I don't have to pay taxes
- I have a PS Credit Card so I get 10% back in Sony Rewards to buy electronics
- PS Plus provides deep discounts
- I can buy games from home
- Games run faster off the hard drive

I still have some money at Gamestop and I have a few physical games I could sell back when I finish them, so I can buy some larger memory cards once the price goes down.

I wish the PSCC wasn't such work to get, (dont think its in Canada sadly). But honestly PS+ discounts are beautiful, like Hot Shots Golf a few weeks ago. When PSP GO released I went all digital in anticipation of getting it myself, which I was lucky cuz I found a Go in my building Staircase (kids were figbting and I guess it dropped, and I couldn't find the kids so I kept it lol. It's nice to know I always have Peace Walker and Maverick Hunter X on my PSN as well as the Crash PSOne games (that don't work on Vita). But the one thing is I wouldn't say forever, I'd say as long as it matters you'll have it, cause I'm sure PlayStation ain't going nowhere for atleast 25 years I'm sure.

small44 said:

It`s to early to say how it will doing.

Agreed.  And if anything, it's a game that's likely to have legs and sell well after it releases, people who pick up Vitas should pick it up too.

But the early signs aren't great.  It hasn't charted on COMG, it's not doing well on amazon.jp... there's certainly not much interest in it at the moment.  Hopefully that'll change as it gets closer to the release date.

But I was hoping the demo in Japan would spark a lot of interest in it and it just doesn't seem to be.  This was supposed to be Vita's biggest game in Japan to tide over the Monster Hunter crowd for the time being, yet by the looks of things it's not even going to be the biggest Vita game the week it releases, let alone biggest game of the year.

But I really hope I'm wrong about all this.

I didn't obtain a PS3 until 2010 so I had quite the back list of games to play, so used was the best option. Now though, and with the Vita having a full digital library, I can get practically any game from the PS Store and on release day and PS4 will probably be just like Vita. I can buy without tax, I get rewards from my credit card, and digital games are becoming more competitive with sales and price drops. I can always buy physical if it isn't on the store or I feel like it, or any crazy sales.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

How it should to do first week to be considered sold well for you?

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
does anyone know if Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus is text heavy. i wnt to play it however with no knowledge of the Japanese language it may be hard. i preferably dont want to have to find an extensive english guide

I Think is not heavy texted.. because is a action/pantie game.. it shuld have some "story" but the game is more action/panty/nude/pervet packed...^^

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Teflon02 said:
I really hope none of the games mentioned as hoped for PS+ are the titles, it is alittle selfish but also reason behind most. First is Legend of Herkes: Trails in the Sky. The game is amazing, I know cause I have it, and honestly as amazing as the game is, they just game a TRPG (which I hate), which would kill the PS+ members who are not the fans of those types of games, especially since LoH has TRPG elements in the battle system. Half minute hero is basically a mini and really isn't attactive for most people. Patapon, is boss and actually would be great but I own 2 so I hope not :p. Patchwork... just no lol. And lastly as much as I like Level-5, I personally hate that game and funny thing is Dark Cloud 2 is my all time fav games, ohh yeah its a SRPG basically the same as Tactics. I think a more realisic list would be
Patapon
Locoroco
Bomberman Legacy (if still possible)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
a GoW
Daxter or Jak
possibly a Ratchet if they came to the Vita store.
I'd be surprised otherwise lol.

I just said what I want.. I din't want to know what You think realistically of my wishes.. YOU DREAM KILLER!!.. GIVE ME BACK MY DREAMS!.. GIVE THEM BACK!!

*Go to a corner to cry*

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/01/18/sony-bends-vita-game-to-have-online-suggests-job-listing/

Sony Bend’s Vita Game to Have Online Multiplayer, Suggests Job Listing

January 18, 2013 Written by Sebastian Moss

Uncharted: Golden Abyss was one of the Vita’s best games of 2012, showing that a mini-Drake can be just as sexy impressive. Sadly, the game had no online component, so we couldn’t make use of the Vita’s utterly ignored online capabilities. That may be all set to change, though, as we’ve uncovered that developer Sony Bend’s next game will probably include online multiplayer.

We previously discovered that the developer was working on an AAA Vita game, and now we’ve found a job listing from the studio focused on online gaming. “SCEA’s Bend Studio has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Staff Network Programmer!” it reads, adding: 

This Senior Staff Network Programmer will build and maintain client/server systems that provide highly scalable and secure online services for console and mobile platforms

Develop and manage client/server application systems that provide highly scalable and cost efficient online services

Experience with the components of modern online systems, including: Virtualization, Cloud Computing…

We don’t know what game they’re working on, but another Uncharted would make sense – they have the engine and the assets, and the franchise is incredibly popular. Uncharted 2 also was the first to bring multiplayer to the series, so the second Vita Uncharted having multiplayer would mirror that trend. Sony Bend is best known for Syphon Filter, however, so that’s always a possibility.

Chark said:
I didn't obtain a PS3 until 2010 so I had quite the back list of games to play, so used was the best option. Now though, and with the Vita having a full digital library, I can get practically any game from the PS Store and on release day and PS4 will probably be just like Vita. I can buy without tax, I get rewards from my credit card, and digital games are becoming more competitive with sales and price drops. I can always buy physical if it isn't on the store or I feel like it, or any crazy sales.

I'm also going 100% digital on my Vita. Though for me the most important reason is that I have all the games on my Vita and don't have to carry a suitcase with karts. I can't imagine that. This is the reason I haven't bought 3DS so far. With my DSi I used Acekart and had all games with me all the time. I can have the same with Vita, so I love it :) Also the PS+ discounts are doing a great job to suck the money out of my wallet ;)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Aram Jabbari - "2013, I personally believe will be the year of the Vita."

Talking about upcoming games and pre alpha Killzone Mercenaries.