By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
forevercloud3000 said:
I really want Zero Escape, loved the demo. Yet.... I have chosen to truely speak with my money for now on. Boycotting Portable games starting at $50 and I refuse t pay full $40 for a game that is mostly text, uses 1st person to mask the fact the rooms are simple boxes, and numerous other short cuts that prove to me it is not worth that much. It truly is a fun and inventive game.....just not worth that price. I will run and get it immediately once it hits 20, maaaaaaayybe at 30. I am doing the same thing with Smart As, drop the price and they are as good as mine.

That makes sense, but can't really compare those cases. You should also look who the publisher is.

I didn't buy Smart As because is overpriced by SONY (they could easily drop the price and nothing changes for them).

But AKSYS is a small company with a much narrower audience and need to charge those prices. They take real risks with every title they localize and we have to support them in order to keep getting unique Japanese games. Spike-Chunsoft isn't exactly big either. Also, I don't think that games with lots of text like Virtue's Last Reward are so easy to localize...

For $34.99, I think is worth it. Maybe not in relation to its production values, but I enjoyed this more than Golden Abyss.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
I really want Zero Escape, loved the demo. Yet.... I have chosen to truely speak with my money for now on. Boycotting Portable games starting at $50 and I refuse t pay full $40 for a game that is mostly text, uses 1st person to mask the fact the rooms are simple boxes, and numerous other short cuts that prove to me it is not worth that much. It truly is a fun and inventive game.....just not worth that price. I will run and get it immediately once it hits 20, maaaaaaayybe at 30. I am doing the same thing with Smart As, drop the price and they are as good as mine.

I mostly agree.  Some games just aren't worth the 40-50 dollar asking price.  I got Corpse Party last year for review, and was bored as hell with it.  Great story, some decent puzzles, but it really wasn't a game as much as an interactive manga.  True shame, too. 

When you're looking at the price, you must also consider the fact that youll be playing  at the game around 40h.

So if a very excellent game like Zero Escape doesnt worth  the asking price ( and m sure you can find it for 30 with all the promo), a 8-9h basic good game with less content doesnt worth more.

If game like One Piece PW 2 arent coming to vita for us , its for the same reasons which make you think Zero Ecape doesnt worth his price.

Show them that they're wrong about Vita owners to change things ;)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I don't understand....I thought VLR would be a very cheap (relatively) game to make? I have yet to play it so maybe I have the wrong impression of the game

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

hey just want to say wow on the god of war beta, so good, hope vita gets a god of war game as chains of Olympus will always be my top psp game.

For anyone interested, New Little Kings Story (excellent game btw! I've pumped a lot of hours into it) has been reduced at Shop To

http://www.shopto.net/psp/PSPVLI03-new-little-kings-story-ps-vita

£21.85 is a good price, most places are trying to charge £40 now as it's a less common Vita title as it had a small production run and is digital only in the US.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

So let me get this straight. I genre not popular outside JPN, a game from small publishers, a game with no english translation in EU, a game that had no advertisement in a culture that isn't hyped about that style of game. What the hell are their expectations? I'm sure selling even 50k including vita, DDL and 3DS would be about my expectations. Plus I never seen a physical version for vita in Canada to date, but I see 3ds ones, and lets face it, this early on 3ds, that ain't grabbing attention. I think sometimes these devs have some serious mental issues

MikeRox said:
For anyone interested, New Little Kings Story (excellent game btw! I've pumped a lot of hours into it) has been reduced at Shop To

http://www.shopto.net/psp/PSPVLI03-new-little-kings-story-ps-vita

£21.85 is a good price, most places are trying to charge £40 now as it's a less common Vita title as it had a small production run and is digital only in the US.

SHUT UP MIKEROX.

I literally just ordered this off Shopto 10 minutes ago and was coming here to post about the deal.  Lol :D

Haha it was you I had in mind when I saw it. How come the games I buy drop in price? But the ones I wait to drop in price never do!?

Still waiting for Unit 13 to drop, I picked NFS over Assassin's Creed etc. haha It's like they know!

MikeRox said:
Haha it was you I had in mind when I saw it. How come the games I buy drop in price? But the ones I wait to drop in price never do!?

Still waiting for Unit 13 to drop, I picked NFS over Assassin's Creed etc. haha It's like they know!

Ahaha, sorry to hear that man.  

Yeah, Assassin's Creed has held it's value surprisingly well.  Still ~ £30 everywhere I look.  Haven't been following Unit 13 this year but it's pretty pricey at the minute!

Gonna pick up NFS after Christmas I think.  Hoping it's gonna be around £20 by then.  So I can give you some autologs to be chasing after :D

Thanks for the heads up anyway.  Really looking forward to playing NLKS now :)

Oooooh. The Flying Hamster HD is released on the EU PSN on Wednesday.

It's a HD port of the awesome PS Mini title with added online leaderboards, trophies, extra control schemes. I utterly loved the Mini, can't wait to see how it looks in Vita's native resolution. The game was gorgeous anyway. For those who haven't played it, it's a very big nod towards Parodius with some outrageous enemies, awesome catchy music and surprisingly challenging levels.

Vita is getting so much awesomeness right now they need to slow down!!! Stranger's Wrath and a few other titles hit on the same day too! My poor 16gb Memory card may require upgrading!

Here's a trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nbNZnfNS_tw