By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
ikol said:
@Kresknik I mainly said that bc vita games normally don't review as well even if the reviewer says it's better in the review :(

Vita games are being reviewed - in my opinion unfairly - because Sony are advertising it as a portable home console.  So every game is being reviewed in relation to home console games.  Watch the IGN review of WipEout 2048, he constantly compares it to WipEout HD Fury (saying it's not as smooth etc.)

Personally, I think that's unfair.  Yes, Sony is advertising the Vita like a home console, but that doesn't mean games should be reviewed as such.  Heck, Wii games rarely got marked down for running on last-generation hardware, the Super Mario Galaxy games are two of the highest-reviewed of the generation.  Marketing is marketing, and games should purely be reviewed based on the competition they're up against (which is Vita's case, is the 3DS/Smartphone games).

Around the Network
MikeRox said:

Aren't the Little Big Planet sales just Europe? I know GameStop broke the sale date in the US, bu the release was for the following week in the US and Japan wasn't it? So might not be as bad as it looks?

It debuted in 6th in the UK All Formats Chart and I think was 13th in week 2. Considering the small UK Vita userbase thats not bad at all especially as last week was the record breaking FIFA launch which will have sapped a lot of peoples purchasing money from other franchises.

LBP is being bundled a lot over here though.  Best deal you can get is that Sainsbury's one (£189 with the game).

It'll get a boost next week when the USA sales count (iirc, VGChartz tracked at least 33k pre-orders), but the games still not doing fantastically.  Probably gonna be less than 100k copies sold by next week, which is decent enough, but could do with being higher.

Sadly we can only expect small sales for the vita software until sales pick up from the units. It's the obvious reason developers are wary of it because there's a big chance they can put a lot money and work into a game for it to sell poor. I'm not sure what its going to take for people to start buying it, because me personally think there's good games for it and really good ones coming.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Kresnik said:

LBP is being bundled a lot over here though.  Best deal you can get is that Sainsbury's one (£189 with the game).

It'll get a boost next week when the USA sales count (iirc, VGChartz tracked at least 33k pre-orders), but the games still not doing fantastically.  Probably gonna be less than 100k copies sold by next week, which is decent enough, but could do with being higher.

GAME do a pretty good deal with FIFA 13 and Uncharted as well as LBP for about £229 too. I'm not sure those sales count towards LBP official sales figures though because they're in the console box and also I understand a DLC voucher. I don't know if it's changed, but Chart Track didn't used to include bundled software in sales if it's included inside the box with the console. (i.e. to be counted it would need a separate point of sale barcode scan)

There's an apparent Developer Interview for WRC3 inc info about the Vita version, suspiciously reads more like an advert to me though.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/WRC+3/news.asp?c=44886

Apparently one of the most visually impressive titles on Vita.
6 Player Online play confirmed.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Aerys said:
Kresknik : Now its 88 for 53 reviews :)

LBP doesnt sell a lot in the world, only 25k, its very bad.

Where are the gamer ? They should call the game Little Mario Planet to make a million seller

It`s better then LBP PSP in Europe  by a little the same in Japan and in USA it will sold 2 time more then LBP vita it will sold well.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Does anyone still believes in the Paul Gale guy? He brought new hints, just sayin...

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/10/01/the-final-list-of-characters-that-paul-gale-network-has-in-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-has-been-sent-to-superbot-heres-the-e-mail/

Technically, he's the only one hyping this game up, and just because this one guy posted "We have no announcements", everybody calls Paul Gale a liar... Even if it ends up that he was just lying, the guy is doing a better job than Sony's PR (was doing). Still hyped for the game, with or without new characters

LET'S GO KNICKS

I have talked to him over at gaf...I really did try to give him the benefit of the doubt but at this point him..and superbot are dropping the ball big friggin time.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
I have talked to him over at gaf...I really did try to give him the benefit of the doubt but at this point him..and superbot are dropping the ball big friggin time.

Maybe some announcement this friday?

LET'S GO KNICKS

What do you feel Superbot are dropping the ball with? I can't get over how much coverage PASBR has had in the way of information in the build up to it's release. Especially compared with other games with similarly close release dates.

I can't actually get over how hyped you guys have got for this game. I don't know anyone else remotely interested in it.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

HabinoBR said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Maybe some announcement this friday?

I only expect to hear about a public beta at this point.nothing more

@Mike: They did a HORRIBLE job at PR and communicating with the fans about the game. This whole paul gale stuff only damaged them in the long run. They also dropped the ball in not selecting certain characters for the roster.and I mean only from the first party IPs

The whole beta leak was their own mess as well..this day and age you just do not send out a beta with all these info..gamers are very good at catching any info they can

but make no mistake...there is quite nice batch of people who are interested in this game....I discuss the game mainly at gaf for example. We are in our second official thread and it's about to reach 15k posts. We also had seperate large threads for the private betas and will have ones for the public beta. Many are disappointed with superbot tho...like me. Hopefully they will come out strong in the coming weeks

and for the record I was in both private betas so far and the game is absolutely awesome. Fun gameplay with a lot of depth.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!