By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Oh man I want DJMAX so hard. Argh. I want to hold out for the holiday Vita deals though

ARGH!

Around the Network

@MUGEN. Totally wanna do that :D

4 ≈ One

Would have been nice to have it on at least FIFA 12's engine though. It's now running 2 years behind the home console versions.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Dgc1808 said:

don't expect me to be good tho lol I'm pretty average .and even suck big time at times..I played a few rounds with Sal tho..and it was a blast! We lost almost all the games :P but still had a ton of fun

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Am I the only person that actually enjoy the Book of memories demo? To me it feels like SH, and I can't wait to play it with 4 other people.

Around the Network
Pimp3k said:
Am I the only person that actually enjoy the Book of memories demo? To me it feels like SH, and I can't wait to play it with 4 other people.

I didn't dislike it. I just think it'll get buried under the other Vita games and for me stuff like New Little Kings Story are more important purchases.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Wow!!! http://gematsu.com/2012/09/battle-7-vs-7-in-valhalla-nights-3

Pimp3k said:

I would love to try it out, but the demo isn't up on US Store. Can you play with other people on this demo?

MikeRox said:
ils411 said:
ikol said:
I never understood that line of logic. I've played plenty of portable games that I put more hours in than a console game. So what about them makes them only worth half price or less?

The logic here is that it cost less to produce a handheld game as oppose to a home console. with the smaller screens, models doesn't hace to have a lot of polygons which means less work for the graphic artists. Less polygons would also mean that less optimization will have to be done which translates to less work for programers. less manhours = lower development costs. 

Lets take some psn as examples. Mutant blob attacks = cartoony graphics = not much man hours needed = less cost = lower development cost. Another example would Dead or Alive dimensions for the 3Ds, it looks great but its very obvious that the models has significantly less polygons as compared to its home console counter part = less man hours needed from the graphic artis = less man hours needed from programers = lower development costs.

If you really want a bunch of examples, just look at the ds' game library, many of its games uses sprites = a whole lot less manhours needed from graphic artists as oppose to 3d models = less manhours from programers = lower development cost.

Sooooo....lower development cost = should be cheaper. I know that $35-$40 is cheapper as compared to the PS3s $50-$60 range, but still, how does Soney expect to compete with tablets and smart phones when pricing is so high? Sure, PS mobile is their answer to that but I'm sceptical that games will be of very good quality. It'll probably be the new minis, which are ok but really looks ugly.

Lower price = more people can afford it = less chance of piracy = more money in Sony's pockets. Honestly, I really wonder why they cant see this.

Have you seen the number of people involved in LBP PS Vita? This game must have had a larger budget than a lot of PS3 titles. I understand the sentiment, however if you are getting full blown console experience (infact, better) you're going to have to stump up the money for it.

A lot of games such as New Little Kings Story have more to them than the full price retail Wii version had a couple of years ago. It doesn't surprise me that these games are full price really, and at least in the case of Little Big Planet, totally worth the entry price.

I think the costs involved in making some of these Vita titles are higher than you first realise. However it would be great to get more simpler cheaper games too and I think games such as Resistance do need a rethink on their price point. I remember at launch there were all these different pricing tiers for games, but lately they all seem to have gravitated towards the top end.

Um, no. The general image that I've read regarding the Vita is that its easier to develop for. This again would mean less programing manhours = lower develompment cost. Also, as for LBPV, I wouldn't be surprised if they re-used a bunch of models. The game physics is already in place, and the dlc being compatible tells me that assests and models are re-used.

As for New Little Kings STory, sure it may have a bunch of extras, but the full game is already there. The code is already there, everything is there. Adding a few extra stuff does not justify full price.

Another example, as MUGEN stated a few hundred pages back, the entire XSEED team working on Ragnarok Odyssey localization is less than 10 people.  Then, they'll charge full retail price.

The vita game's may look good and it would seem that more work is put into it, but with a smaller screen (very very smaller screen as compared to 32" tvs) the models will still need much much less polygons and details.You can't claim that some Vita games cost more to make than some PS3 gmaes without any actuall argument. Sure, gravity rush probably cost more to make than say a ps3 game that uses sprites and looks like shit and plays like shit. But most games on the ps3 uses 3d models and that needs a lot of work considering the amount of detail and polygons they have to work into it.

The fact of the matter is

- smaller screen = less needed details = less polygons/details on sprites etc = less manhours needed from graphic artists = less utilization of equiopment = lower development cost

- the above would also lead to less optimization on the codes = less programer manhours = less utilization of equipment and utilities = lower development cost

- As mentioned, developers are finding the Vita as easy to develop fore = less work needed in learing how to program for it = less man hours = less utilities and equipment utilization = lower development cost

All of these points are true. Hence, it is cheaper to develop for handheld systems. As concrete proof of this, let as look at the DS, it has tons and tons and tons of games ranging from great games that look awesome to really nasty ugly games.  Now, why is it that many developers choose to develope games for it? 1. It has a large install base and 2. Its cheaper to make games for. Another concrete example are the free games on IOS and Android, there are a lot of good looking games on the IOS and Android that are either free or cheap ass. How the hell do they sell these games cheap? coz development cost is low. From the great games on IOS and android and ther great low price, we are now seeing that up till now, the big developers just loves to charge high prices for their games.

One reason why this is is because a lot of these game developers have CEOs that have salaries that are larger than the entire development teams salaries combined...and the sad thing is, a bunch of these CEOs are stupid ass shit... jack comes to mind....

M.U.G.E.N said:
Dgc1808 said:

don't expect me to be good tho lol I'm pretty average .and even suck big time at times..I played a few rounds with Sal tho..and it was a blast! We lost almost all the games :P but still had a ton of fun

That's fine. Once we're having fun. Sadly, I'm reading that today is the last day for the beta

4 ≈ One