By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
SnowPrince said:

I really begin to hate Capcom.. Monster Hunter wouldn't be an App-Killer without Sony consoles "PS2" and especially PSP, so I think they should be more grateful toward Sony and start making a Monster hunter for Psvita , because that's all what it needs, instead of doing it on every single other platform !! :@

You can't really blame Capcom for that. They go where  the money  goes. Nintendo offer some they grab it. IT's just business for them.  The sad thing is MH is what define PSP in Japan. That's why it's a great move by Nintendo to take that from Sony. It's just Sony dropping the ball IMHO. Nintendo now  is what is Sony before. Looking at the recent announcements

Soul Sacrifice really have a huge responsibilty and I hope they announce a lot of game on TGS for the VIta. It doesn't need a MH kind of annoiuncement but a number of games so the future buyers will feel confident to buy a Vita especially in Japan.

Around the Network

Who's most responsible for LBPV?
Wikipedia lists 3 developers.

Well the whole Monster Hunter thing is depressing ( at least not for me since i have never played a monster hunter game) but Sony is playing it cars right into putting so much effort in his 1st Party Lineup.
And this gen they did a great job if you ask me

They etablished Uncharted and Little Big Planet.
They have managed to get Killzone and God of War getting bigger.
They have made some serious step into the casual market and with games like Sports Champiosn they were quite succesfull.
They made some unique games like Heavy Rain which sell over 2 m copys ( who have thinked that this game could ever reach such numbers)

Of course they can do it better. One of the problems with Sony games is that many of them are high quality but dont appeal to the mass market.
So i think games like PSBR, The Last of Us or Soul Sacrifice are able to reach big numbers if handled right ( get some nice bundles, make some advertising for the games) and can getting some importang game series for the future.
So closing studios who doesnt bring good games (and of course make big selling games) is the direction Sony should make. They investet a lot in Stdios like Santa Monica and Naughty Dog and that for a good reason.

When i think about future games than we have

- a new IP from santa Monica Studios ( well they will be able to make a big new IP)
- a new IP from media Molecule ( the success of LBP shows taht even games which are looking totally strange can bring big numbers)
- a new Ip from Sucker Punch
- Gran Turiosmo 6
- Uncharted 4
- a new ip from Evolution Studios
- God of War Ascention
- the Last of Us
- Beyound
-Killzone 4 and a new ip from Guerilla Games

So if Sony can expand the audience of existing game series and can etablish some new iPS than i think the futrue does look very promising for them.

What Sony also can do is buying Quantik Dream and Ready at Dawn. That would really be a big deal.

Investing in there 1st Party studios is the best thing they can do. This is better than buying some exclusiv deals and so on. If Sony can handle it right they can make some killer ips for the future.

M.U.G.E.N said:

so here's my humble just-another-consumer response to this situation. Thanks to the utterly stupid and childish behavior of Platinum towards all stars..I will not buy ANY of their future games 'new'...it will always be bought cheap and used. my wallet will be my response.

and I will laugh my ass off when the game easilyyyyyyy outsell Anarchy Reigns and when that game Bombs

/rant

It already bombed in Japan, and I don't think that this game has any appeal for western gamers. Who knows, mayb they'll release a Wii U version of it :P

SunofKratos said:
Well the whole Monster Hunter thing is depressing ( at least not for me since i have never played a monster hunter game) but Sony is playing it cars right into putting so much effort in his 1st Party Lineup.
And this gen they did a great job if you ask me

They etablished Uncharted and Little Big Planet.
They have managed to get Killzone and God of War getting bigger.
They have made some serious step into the casual market and with games like Sports Champiosn they were quite succesfull.
They made some unique games like Heavy Rain which sell over 2 m copys ( who have thinked that this game could ever reach such numbers)

Of course they can do it better. One of the problems with Sony games is that many of them are high quality but dont appeal to the mass market.
So i think games like PSBR, The Last of Us or Soul Sacrifice are able to reach big numbers if handled right ( get some nice bundles, make some advertising for the games) and can getting some importang game series for the future.
So closing studios who doesnt bring good games (and of course make big selling games) is the direction Sony should make. They investet a lot in Stdios like Santa Monica and Naughty Dog and that for a good reason.

When i think about future games than we have

- a new IP from santa Monica Studios ( well they will be able to make a big new IP)
- a new IP from media Molecule ( the success of LBP shows taht even games which are looking totally strange can bring big numbers)
- a new Ip from Sucker Punch
- Gran Turiosmo 6
- Uncharted 4
- a new ip from Evolution Studios
- God of War Ascention
- the Last of Us
- Beyound
-Killzone 4 and a new ip from Guerilla Games

So if Sony can expand the audience of existing game series and can etablish some new iPS than i think the futrue does look very promising for them.

What Sony also can do is buying Quantik Dream and Ready at Dawn. That would really be a big deal.

Investing in there 1st Party studios is the best thing they can do. This is better than buying some exclusiv deals and so on. If Sony can handle it right they can make some killer ips for the future.

The other thing they've come out with this gen is PSN. PS+ will be a strong source of income, but PSN itself is huge as ultimately all games will be delivered via that, plus it does all the films, music and other stuff to make Sony money.

On the talk of first party publishing, they've done a great job making all the downloadable games too. Journey is the pick of the bunch but they've had a lot of hits over the years - and seem to finally be getting somewhere working with the indie guys. 

I don't think they need to get many more studios really, they just need to turn all the ones they've got into alternating released every year / 18 months like Naughty Dog is now apparently doing. If Sucker Punch, Santa Monica and Guerilla were putting alternating established IPs every 18 months all would be good with the world.

Also seen a few people mention Ready at Dawn... they're working on a 'new IP third person action adventure' Next Gen console exclusive - given their history I'd say it's a PS4 game but you really can't take anything for granted in this industry. Seems that they're done with handhelds for now anyway.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
Who's most responsible for LBPV?
Wikipedia lists 3 developers.

Tarsier Studios :). 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Dont forget the new studio of Sony Japan, who made Tokyo Jungle. ( ugly but dont care, this is not the most important in a game )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

TGS is my last hope of a memory card price drop

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Mmmfishtacos said:
Teflon02 said:
But if anyone seriously is doing the website down the line Id be happy to help make a good layout design for it lol. And give a few great ideas

I've been thinking about it, i think with all the great people we have here it could work if we work collectively on it. It could in fact be the greatest gaming web site every know! lol. What do we need to get first.

not entirely sure yet but I'll get some info on what needs to be done. You can also youtube and google for additional info. I know getting a domain is a key priority. But don't know much after that lol. So ill get back to you with info

forevercloud3000 said:
Teflon02 said:
For anyone interested (though I don't usually do this and would pay but couldn't wait.) If your interested in the dubbed version of Persona 4 The Animation. Some sites like justdubs and watchcartoononline. Have the first 12 episodes that were suppose to eelease sept 25th.

Hulu also has it to watch for free ;). Oh wait, u mean they actually speak english?

Yep English, with the same voice cast, Persona 4 Golden will have. Also, I live in Canada where we don't get Hulu :(. But then again I hate subs and only put up with it for Bleach, Naruto & Fairy Tail. Bleach only cause I was watching in english and when i finally watched all the english episodes it literally stopped at the sword release fillers or whatevery and needed to watch the rest od the aizen then had to see the fullbring cause everyone was older and had to see what was going on with ichigo. Underrated arc. Naruto was really only cause the pain fight but i skipped and watched the summit and watching the gnw. Fairy Tail i just love and watch every episode cause i can't wait, my fav anime since the DB series