By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

I wish they could hurry and get remote play on all ps3 games

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

thanks to everyone replying to me!

so is there any reason other than price to go for the ps3 version of the HD collection?  i know getting it for vita (+peacewalker) will cost more but to be honest, money isn't exactly a big deal for me.  i was thinking that with the smaller screen maybe they'll look at bit better on vita.  that and my ps3 backlog is huge while my vita is not.  are controls gimped at all on vita?   either way i'm going to go download MGS1 now.

oh, and do i really need to play MG 1 and 2 first?  i actually started MG waaay back in the day when it was new.  there was a tank i couldn't get past and i eventually gave up.  i don't remember there being much story beyond the parachuting in bit at the very very beginning.

You've never really played the MGS series so you may not have the same problem as me.  Personally, I think that the controls for MGS2 and MGS3 SUCK on the Vita.  I've purchased MGS2 few times (MGS2, Substance, and HD Collection, Vita) and MGS3 even more (MGS3, Subsistance, 3DS, HD Collection, Vita).  I found the Vita controls to be a clumsy mess, especially with MGS3.

I can beat the games (if I could be arsed to finish them) and they look nice but I don't just play an MGS game.  I go for stealth and I steal dog tags.  Imagin how frustrating it is to be spotted because Snake won't stay in cover because the analog stick can't decide if left should still be left or right should still be right?  Imagine holding a guy at gunpoint and he asks "Are you going to shoot me?"  I end up getting an alert because it takes some serious finger gymnastics to put away my tranquilizer and pull out my pistol to shoot the guy in the leg, due to some bizarre button placement.  The touch screen isn't accurate enough to handle quick peaks from cover and I STILL don't know how to do chin-ups.  In MGS3, I found it really tough to do my CQC moves, too.

On the plus side, if you buy HD Collection on PS3 and Vita, you can port your saves from the console to the portable and back again.  I don't really use this feature, though (and it won't work on Peacewalker if you use the Vita but somehow it works on that same copy of Peacewalker if you use a PSP.  It's crazy!).  It looks super sharp and the games aren't tough to beat if you just want the story and the ending.  Just take it from me--if you're a serious Metal Gear player, the Vita is probably the best looking version of the game, ever--and the worst playing. 

Some stuff:

Ico shown running on the Vita, article about it (it was testing the remote play features, which according to Yoshida is "almost ready with a patch"):

http://www.vg247.com/2012/09/03/ico-shown-running-on-vita/

Some screenshots of Silent Hill: Book of Memories from PAX:

http://www.vg247.com/2012/09/03/silent-hill-book-of-memories-ps-vita-screens-escape-pax/

A gameplay video of Ragnarok Odyssey from PAX:

Every since I started working the vita was my gaming heaven I get to tired when I get home to play on my PS3, anyways there's two guys at my work place that have a psvita and usually play on breaks though they mostly play Fifa :P

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Pretty surprised by this tweet from Yoshida! I wasn't expecting it, specially when he talks about the patch. Hopefully it will make all the PS3 titles compatible from the go (but we know Sony) and improve the usability of it.

Around the Network
ivanpgcs said:

Sorry to tease you, I was play testing ICO HD Remote Play on PS Vita. We are almost ready with a patch. Beautiful on OLED. More info soon.

2 things i want. Universal Remote Play, Universal Cross-Controller. 

Really don't see why the Vita can't act as another PS3 controller.

4 ≈ One

The most recent thing from Paul Gale has people shouting Cloud and or SotC.

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/09/02/paul-gale-network-sends-an-e-mail-to-superbot-entertainment-regarding-revealing-final-content-in-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/

Many are saying that the type "Desisions" was intentional. Combined with that desert picture, S -> C, could reference Cloud Strife or SotC.

I've got my money on Cloud.

4 ≈ One

Silent Hill is looking good. I have faith in Way Forward to deliver the goods! Are there any impressions from PAX at all or were they just showing off screenshots?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Oh hell yes! Hopefully ghost light or rising star will pick it up.

Though I'm spending Christmas at my fiance's in St Louis so if there's no spring/summer 13 release date I'll probably pick up the US version while I'm over there.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

man honesty sometimes I think paul gale is full of shit..he puts these clues which are vague as hell so he can basically make them fit into any character that gets revealed :S

I would be very happy with cloud

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!